turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

When will Turbotax put Maryland's RELIEF act into effect and remove unemployment income from filers' FAGIs?

They say the 26th, they really mean the 26th of next month. They have one job and can’t do it in a timely fashion..

When will Turbotax put Maryland's RELIEF act into effect and remove unemployment income from filers' FAGIs?

Why isn’t everything updated though???

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

All of the forms have not been finalized yet.  There are some states that just recently made changes and it is a multi-step process to get those forms working in TurboTax once the state finalizes them.   TurboTax calculations have not been updated for Maryland. If you haven’t filed your return, you can either:

• Wait for TurboTax to be updated along with your state, or
  • File your return now and potentially amend later if they do not follow the federal guidelines.

For updates on other states, please see this FAQ@JaymzYzr

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I spoke with someone through there messenger and email Ans was told it’s okay for me to file I also I got a email saying it’s okay so if your refund amount changed I would go ahead and file 

Okay now I’m confused cuz I was told yesterday by turbo tax it’s okay to file so should I or should I not file 

As always one must REVIEW the return carefully BEFORE filing it because YOU are responsible for everything on the return.  If the state has been updated to reflect the changes and you are satisfied with the return then you should file it.  

Change the record 

cj48
Level 2

Can someone from TurboTax answer? When will the MD calculations be updated? Any general idea, like this week, this month, this year?

Check the link below daily  ... when the state is ready to file it will say so.  Also check the program in the review tab to see if an estimated date is available yet.

Maryland (MD)

TurboTax calculations have not been updated for Maryland. If you haven’t filed your return, you can either:

• Wait for TurboTax to be updated along with your state, or
  • File your return now and potentially amend later if they do not follow the federal guidelines.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/internal-revenue-service/help/how-is-my-state-taxing-unemployment-...

We all understand that: we’re all just waiting for the software or whatever to update....so yeah/ hurry UP TURBOTAX. ****..

WHEN IS THE EXPECTED DATE FOR THIS RELEASE?

IT IS ALREADY MORE THAN FORTY FIVE (45) DAYS SINCE YOUR LAST UPDATE.

PLEASE ADVISE.

It’s updated. I just did my amended return yesterday. Instead of owing $195 I’m getting a refund of $331.

It’s not updated yet. It says it not right before you are about to finalize your return, just checked 20 seconds ago.

Are you using software or going through Turbo Tax website?

Both

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies