turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Whats a schedule 3 non refundable credit. I dont think i have any but is says i do and i can't go any further without paying

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DanaB
Expert Alumni

Whats a schedule 3 non refundable credit. I dont think i have any but is says i do and i can't go any further without paying

Schedule 3 Additional Credits and Payments is one of the new forms. These are some of the nonrefundable credits on the form:

• Foreign tax credit.
  • Credit for child and dependent care expenses. 
  • Education credits 
  • Retirement savings contributions credit (often triggered from your W-2 when you paid into a retirement account at work) 

The new tax laws changed the tax forms and what used to be on form 1040 is now on form 1040 and schedules 1-3. 

You can see how the form looks like at Schedule 3 to see if anything applies to you.

[Edited 3/13/2020 | 3:00 PST]

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DanaB
Expert Alumni

Schedule 3 Additional Credits and Payments is one of the new forms. These are some of the nonrefundable credits on the form:

• Foreign tax credit.
  • Credit for child and dependent care expenses. 
  • Education credits 
  • Retirement savings contributions credit (often triggered from your W-2 when you paid into a retirement account at work) 

The new tax laws changed the tax forms and what used to be on form 1040 is now on form 1040 and schedules 1-3. 

You can see how the form looks like at Schedule 3 to see if anything applies to you.

[Edited 3/13/2020 | 3:00 PST]

Oh yes, lol TurboTax is ripping you off. And lobbying the Senate to force the IRS to stop development of a competing product that would not pull this garbage. Lol, right?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies