turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Jamie52

What is triggering the Kansas schedule S to be created in my return? I have not filed this form in the past and am not a government or state employee.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

What is triggering the Kansas schedule S to be created in my return? I have not filed this form in the past and am not a government or state employee.

If this information isn't helpful, what information can I provide that will be?
Jamie52

Thank you. I don't know how you can help. I have nothing to report on SCH S.  I am filing married, joint instead of married, separately this year is all that is new, and that my husband had no income. He has not worked this year. But, I don't see how these changes would cause the schedule S to populate. I have gone through the returns multiple times. If you have any other suggestions I would gladly accept them. Thank you!

Can you see which line is populating on your Schedule S?

Did you husband receive social security or other state benefit?

See the following answer to see if it applies to your situation: <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4366920">https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4366920</a>-

I also want to assure you that you are not paying extra for the filing of this form. With state tax returns, all schedules are included in the price of filing.

Without access to your tax return, I cannot say for certain what is triggering Kansas Schedule S, but I can tell you that it reports a variety of government income that is either added or subtracted to your state income calculations.

Payments reported include:

Federal and state bond interest

Social Security

Local tax refunds 

Education contributions 

For more information, follow this link: https://www.ksrevenue.org/pdf/schs18.pdf

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies