firstbaptistdall

What is the IRS phone number?

What is the IRS phone number?

Call the IRS:  1-800-829-1040  hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday

When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.  

So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info).  Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.

Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".   

Then press 3 "for all other questions."

Then press 2 "for all other questions."  

- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don’t enter anything.  

- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Then press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.

It should then transfer you to an agent.

What is the IRS phone number?

Then press 3 "for all other questions."

Then press 2 "for all other questions."  

cindy_leleux

What is the IRS phone number?

It's now press "3" for the 2nd one!
deaven93

What is the IRS phone number?

[deleted]
1sthotboy7

What is the IRS phone number?

What’s your he deadline of me receiving my tax return
1sthotboy7

What is the IRS phone number?

What’s the deadline for me to receive my tax return
Dwigham

What is the IRS phone number?

[phone number removed]

jmaswl92

What is the IRS phone number?

trying to reach IRS regarding long overdue refund???

What is the IRS phone number?

Phone number is listed above.

Turbo Tax only gives you an estimated date. The IRS usually pays most refunds within 21 days. But these are not normal times. This year is taking the IRS longer to send the refunds. There are millions more people filing returns to get the Stimulus payment.

See this news article on Refunds being delayed
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/personalfinance/where-is-my-damn-irs-tax-refund-new-answers-emerge-a...

Only the IRS can tell you. If your return was Accepted then check IRS Where's my refund
https://www.irs.gov/refunds/

When will you get your refund?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/when-will-i-get-my-irs-tax-refund/01/25589

IRS - Questions about Refunds
https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

What is the IRS phone number?

@jmaswl92 wrote:

Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.

Press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
Then press 4 for all other inquiries
Or you can contact your local IRS office. See this IRS website for local IRS offices - http://www.irs.gov/uac/Contact-Your-Local-IRS-Office-1 or call 1-844-545-5640 to set up an appointment

chagy55

What is the IRS phone number?

David, I really appreciate all of your help today, however, the phone number that you gave me, even after I followed all of your directions, ended up giving me the very same message that I had told you that I had received before....."Due to high volume of calls, please call back later, or call back on another business day". Thank you.  Thank you for your help, David. Cheryl Hagy

macuser_22

What is the IRS phone number?

@chagy55 wrote:

The IRS currently has about 19 million unprocessed 2020 and 2019 tax returns - many have been waiting since Feb and all are trying to call the IRS - only about 2% of all calls get answered.

chagy55

What is the IRS phone number?

There is no deadline to receive your return, HOWEVER, a little known fact that people are unaware of is, that after 45 days of you receiving your confirmation from the IRS that they have Accepted your Return, the IRS MUST pay you Interest ON your Refund. I found this out when I was trying to find out info on MY Refund. C. Hagy