Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

What is best way to proceed when turbo tax program is stuck and not responding? sign out?

If you are using TurboTax Online, you may want to try a different browser or try clearing out your browser's cache and cookies. Please see How do I delete cookies? and How to clear your cache for more information. 

If you need additional assistance please feel free to contact Customer Support

@Pepie

gkguerr
Returning Member

What is best way to proceed when turbo tax program is stuck and not responding? sign out?

premier

rjbhsv

Turbo tax deluxe won't let me enter numbers for property tax or medical costs

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Please try the following steps which may help clear the loop you are experiencing:

• Log completely out of Turbo Tax.
  • Then, clear your cache and cookies within your browser and completely close out of it.  I have included the Help Articles below if you need assistance with clearing cache or cookies.
  • Re-open the browser and log back into Turbo Tax and see if this fixes the situation.
    • You can also try a different browser as well, or "incognito mode".

If none of the above steps resolve the issue, please reach back out here in the thread and someone will follow up with the next steps. 

Clear Cache

Delete Cookies

@rjbhsv

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
agent736

I have been trying get on Turbo Tax to finish my taxes for 13.5 hours today. I have called the 800 number and the automated lady sent me 4 emails to try different things but they didn't work either. I have been using Turbo Tax for 8 years. No problems. I got married and last year I contacted one of the experts that since I have owned my real estate office for 25 years and my new husband is retired should I file separately and I was told yes. No problems. This year I was told to file joint. I was having so much trouble that I filed for an extension. I have started to finish our taxes and I think I am close but it won't let me sign in.  Is it because there are so many people waiting till the last minute to finish or do their taxes?  What am I going to do? Is there no live person to talk to when you call in? Automation is not good for us older people. I am 73 and my husband is 83.

OK ... first you do know you have until MONDAY 10/17/22 to efile the 2021 return correct ?   So try again tomorrow after all the uneducated folks that have been flooding the system today  have finished.  This last minute crush of filings always affects the efile system on the IRS side.  

rickschr

turbotax 22  wants to use confidential info stored In keychain. system locks up

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Please log completely out of TurboTax, then try clearing out your browser's cache stored on your computer. A full or corrupted cache can keep TurboTax from functioning properly. Please see the TurboTax FAQ's on how to clear your cache here. To learn how to delete your cookies, please see the TurboTax FAQ here.

You may need to contact customer service directly for assistance. Please see the following information here for more details. 

@rickschr 

when I try to transfer information from turbo tax online or 1099B forms I get a pop up message for "login" keychain password.  I tried several passwords and used my keychain to find it; but that will not work either.  nothing I try will work.  It just spins.

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

Are you using the online or desktop program? also what financial institutions are you trying to import your 1099's from? @dorisjerrywitte .

I am using an online version.  I am trying to get to Schwab.

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

We usually ask customers to try refreshing the browser and even try using a different browser, clearing their cache, and deleting their cookies. Then try logging in again.  

Here are two articles that will show you how to clear your cache and delete cookies.   

How to clear your cache - Community   

How do I delete cookies? - Community  

@dorisjerrywitte 

Jorge69

I had the same issue -- using Windows 10 version of Turbo Tax Premier. Closing and restarting program failed to resolve issue. However, restarting the computer fixed the issue and allowed data entry to proceed.

Many times an uninstalled OS update will mess everything up ... a reboot from time to time is a must. 

I'm using the version for tax year 2022 on a PC.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies