turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

pwalters

Unable to download from itsdeductible. It says No user found or no user data available. However I can log on to itsdeductible and find my data.

Originally, my itsdeductible user id was not the same as for turbotax.  Changed itsdeductible to have same user id and password and still get same message.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Unable to download from itsdeductible. It says No user found or no user data available. However I can log on to itsdeductible and find my data.

Note for Online Software Users: 

IF your ItsDeductible account has a UserID that is different from the UserID you are using for your tax account, then, when you attempt to download your ItsDeductible data , it will either

... a) not find an account, or

.... b)...perhaps open the ItsDeductible file that does have the same UserID, but it's not the one that you used to store your 2016 data in.

While the early releases of the software appeared to indicate that you can import ItsDeductible data from an account with a different UserID, that option is currently not working and may not be allowed this year. 

Going forward, should you decide to continue to use ItsDeductible, I would encourage you to only record your ItsDeductible donations in an account that has the same UserID as your tax account. 

Unfortunately, this is going to cause you extra manual entry work this year, putting your donations directly into the tax software, unless you want to wait a month or two to see if TTX developers or management decide to change it.....no promises that they will.

(Desktop software users do not have this limitation)

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Note for Online Software Users: 

IF your ItsDeductible account has a UserID that is different from the UserID you are using for your tax account, then, when you attempt to download your ItsDeductible data , it will either

.... b)...perhaps open the ItsDeductible file that does have the same UserID, but it's not the one that you used to store your 2016 data in.

While the early releases of the software appeared to indicate that you can import ItsDeductible data from an account with a different UserID, that option is currently not working and may not be allowed this year. 

Going forward, should you decide to continue to use ItsDeductible, I would encourage you to only record your ItsDeductible donations in an account that has the same UserID as your tax account. 

Unfortunately, this is going to cause you extra manual entry work this year, putting your donations directly into the tax software, unless you want to wait a month or two to see if TTX developers or management decide to change it.....no promises that they will.

(Desktop software users do not have this limitation)

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

What I get when trying to import from ItsDductible is a screen that says I have no internet connection.  Of course I do, as I am on the internet to post this comment.  Have reset modem and restarted TTx, but same result.  Would be nice if Intuit would fix.

@jelliswp this is from last year and not particularly applicable to you anyhow.

There are known issues for MAC users this year...not for others.

Start your own NEW question...indicate what computer system OS and browser you are using and maybe someone can help.
blcurtis1
Returning Member

MESSAGE TO INTUIT

Your answer to the Its Deductible is absolutely unacceptable. With only 30+ days to file how

are we going to manually re-enter data into ITS Deductible. I just printed out the worksheets for

2018 Cash and Non-cash contributions. It is over 100 pages long. SO get on the ball.  My personal CPA

says Turbo Tax should be able to extract all that data from 2018 and upload it to the 2018 file.

Show me why I had to pay more this year(Turbotax Premier) when Turbotax Deluxe has been adequate

for the past five years.

[removed]

Turbo Tax user for at least 12 yeaars

Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

The post above is from 2019. Are you receiving a specific error or message when you try to download ItsDeductible? I have also seen others note that if you are using a VPN, that disabling the VPN fixed this issue.

If your ItsDeductible account has a UserID that is different from the UserID you are using for your tax account, then, when you attempt to download your ItsDeductible data , it will either

.... b)...perhaps open the ItsDeductible file that does have the same UserID, but it's not the one that you used to store your 2019 data in. "
SteamTrain Level 15"

If you are using a Mac Download/CD version, these TurboTax Help articles address problems importing from ItsDeductible.

If still no luck, please reach out to us with any additional information, that will help us get this issue resolved for you.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies