turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

NicoleH83

What happens if I do not submit a 1095-a or 8962 form

I will do that. Also I called the ADA and the guy I spoke with confirmed I did not have a 1095a.

Thank you for y'all's help.

NicoleH83

ACA*

can i amend this on TurboTax?

See this TurboTax support FAQ for the Form 8962 and Form 1095-A as requested by the IRS for tax year 2019 - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/health-care/help/the-irs-is-requesting-form-8962/01/27409

Can I amend this on my tax return 

[phone number removed]

Anonymous
Not applicable

if you were covered by the ACA/Marketplace and got premium tax credits, the IRS will notify you to complete and submit form 8962. any refund you are due will be held up until the IRS receives it. 

I filed my taxes and I filed my 1095 form with turbo tax when I  got the form.  But today another form came with different information.   What do I do ?  Woll this impact  my refund?

@mikecavenneal  

There is NOTHING you can do now but wait and pray the return you file is REJECTED  so you can fix the error and resubmit the return.    However, if the return is accepted for processing then you will need to wait longer until the IRS sends you a notice asking for the form 1095-A & 8962 be sent in as directed.

Shane1990

So after I filed taxes of course I check the mail next day 1095-A form in my mail had no idea about this form. Anyways this year 2021 they are accepting returns starting Feb.12, in the case its accepted do I amend it right away or do I wait till I actually get the money into my account? Like accepted means I am getting it? or is it going to have a status of processing something of that nature which in that case I wait for the letter requesting more info

Shane1990

Also If I did not owe taxes back more then likely they will just accept it ? I made basically the same maybe less then last year 

@Shane1990 

There is NOTHING you can do now but wait and pray the return you file is REJECTED  so you can fix the error and resubmit the return.    However, if the return is accepted for processing then you will need to wait longer until the IRS sends you a notice asking for the form 1095-A & 8962 be sent in as directed.  Do  NOT try to amend the return to speed up the process as it will actually slow it down even more.  Watch your mail box for the inevitable notice.  

Shane1990

@Critter-3 

So in the case its rejected. I basically re do whole tax return again and it lets me do it right away? or is it delayed more

If the return is rejected then you can make any and all  corrections needed and resubmit the return. You do NOT need to start over from scratch. 

i never received my 1095-a until after i filed and i never received a 8962 form or even a schedule 2 even though i do not have student loans or child support.  I have called IRS bunch of times so i can asked them why i have not received my tax return but it keeps telling me that they cant receive calls due to civid-19. It is not fair how they can with hold a check from someone who never receive a 1095-a until it was too late.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies