turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What do i put in box 10a and 10b for my 1099g if they are blank on my 1099g from the state of michigan?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

What do i put in box 10a and 10b for my 1099g if they are blank on my 1099g from the state of michigan?

Leave them blank.  Won't it let you?

elocinshadow
Returning Member

when i try to file it says that if left blank then I have to mail my return

I saw a post earlier today that it is a problem and will be fixed.  Be patient.  There's no hurry to file.  The IRS won't open filing until Feb 12 this year.

elocinshadow
Returning Member

Thank you!!!
I was hoping because I didn't want to try to call the company right now. The call lines are always backed up and I may not even get an answer to my question. 

Also, I'm hoping your right. I know some of the systems were only given updates yesterday (1/15/2021), so I'm sure things are still being changed to accommodate 2020 stuff. 

I also don't get why this dude says something different

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/retirement/discussion/re-on-my-1099-g-box-11-has-an-amount-of-stat...

I think that was the answer I saw posted before.  So maybe it is not something being fixed.  Use the expert's answer.  Yes there will be many many updates to come for 2020.  They put out the updates on Thurdays.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies