turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What do I do if I think someone else is trying to log into my turbo tax account?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

What do I do if I think someone else is trying to log into my turbo tax account?

Usually that would be the result of someone who is using a "UserID" that is similar to yours.....though it could be someone trying to hack in.....or even a haywire "ex" spouse/boyfriend/roommate.

Best action to take is to log into your account, and change your UserID to something else.  That something else should NOT be your email address.  There is an internal email address that needs to be correctly yours, but the login UserID can be anything....but not anything anyone can easily figure.....but one you can remember easily.   I usually tell people to write it down, but keep it in a hidden place for next year.

After you change it, the people attempting to log in won't even get  a start, since your UserID is something else now.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4227718

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Usually that would be the result of someone who is using a "UserID" that is similar to yours.....though it could be someone trying to hack in.....or even a haywire "ex" spouse/boyfriend/roommate.

Best action to take is to log into your account, and change your UserID to something else.  That something else should NOT be your email address.  There is an internal email address that needs to be correctly yours, but the login UserID can be anything....but not anything anyone can easily figure.....but one you can remember easily.   I usually tell people to write it down, but keep it in a hidden place for next year.

After you change it, the people attempting to log in won't even get  a start, since your UserID is something else now.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4227718

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies