Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

We still haven't gotten our taxes back from last year and every time we call the IRS support line they give us run around answers. Who can help us talk to them?

We had originally received a letter saying we needed to supply additional information. When we called an support representative told us to not worry about it because it was not something we were able to get and that they would process the refund after tax season. Well that was a year ago and when we talked to one a few months ago they had us fax a letter to one of their departments and that we would "probably" see a return before this tax season. Well we still haven't seen a refund or any additional information saying it was or wasn't accepted. Now when we call now they say they are only taking questions pertaining to this years taxes. I really just need to know who I can contact that can help me get to the bottom of this because it's a different answer every support representative we talk to.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

We still haven't gotten our taxes back from last year and every time we call the IRS support line they give us run around answers. Who can help us talk to them?

once your return is that deep in the weeds, you can ask the Tax Advocate to look into it for you.

Note; the tax Advocate can't make the IRs do anything.

OR 

visit your US Congressman's local office, ask them to intervene.

That usually gets the IRS's attention.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Once your return is accepted, Turbo Tax does not receive any updates on the return. 

You would need to contact the IRS in order to receive an update. 

If you need additional assistance from Turbo Tax, please click here to contact customer support. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

once your return is that deep in the weeds, you can ask the Tax Advocate to look into it for you.

Note; the tax Advocate can't make the IRs do anything.

OR 

visit your US Congressman's local office, ask them to intervene.

That usually gets the IRS's attention.

Did you even read what I had to say because your copy and paste response is hardly relevant. I said I have contacted the IRS several times and we have been given a different timelines, answers, and/or excuse each time. I was simply looking for a reference to someone who can help me get some answers, whether they are a turbotax representative or not. I have never had an issues with taxes before, so I'm not aware if there is a profession where people handle issues like these or not.

Thank you, I will look for a tax advocate. We are this far into the weeds because we kept getting the wait 90 days response from IRS representatives. I'm not looking for anyone to make the IRS do anything, just looking for someone who does this as a profession or knows the lingo to get the right answers from the IRS.

@sgtscr3am21

TAX ADVOCATE

At the following IRS website, find the USA map and click on your state, and it will give you the number of your area's IRS Taxpayer Advocate.

http://www.irs.gov/uac/Contact-a-Local-Taxpayer-Advocate

Also see this article for more info on how the Taxpayer Advocate Service works::
http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc104.html

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
lbonn
Returning Member

Thank you for this information. We are having the same issue. Our refund for 2019 has still not been processed according to the IRS Tax Refund Status website. We contacted our Senators office for assistance. It has been a month and 'still working on it'.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies