Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

URGENT: "Could not access network location Forms\mai_23" when updating TurboTax 2023

I urgently help getting TurboTax 2023 to resume working as the tax return extension I previously filed requires me to submit my 2023 tax returns by Oct. 15, 2024.

Here's what's happening:

• When click on the TurboTax 2023 desktop icon on Windows 10, it brings update a TurboTax 2023 - Updater window.
  • When I then click on the Update TurboTax 2023 button in that window, that window goes away, and a User Account Control window comes up.
  • When I click on the Yes button in that window that window goes away, and a a TurboTax 2023 - Updater window comes back up.
  • When the progress bar in that window gets to 96%, a Software Update Error box comes up stating "Could not access network location Forms\mai_23".
  • Clicking on the Retry button in that box just causes the error to recur.
  • On the other hand, clicking on the Cancel button in that box it dismisses the box and then the TurboTax 2023 - Updater windows then displays:
    Failed Updates:
    Program Updates
    Failed to install update. Microsoft Installer error: 1603, Fatal error during installation. Check
    for solution
    Massachusetts
    Microsoft Installer error: 1606, Could not access network location Forms\mai_23. Check for
    Solution
  • When I click on the OK button in that windo, a window briefly comes up claiming "Restarting TurboTax 2023", but TurboTax doesn't come up.

What I've tried:

• I uninstalled TurboTax 2023, and reinstalled it from the DVD, but after that the same thing still happens.
  • I downloaded w_perrelsuperpathIS_ttax_2023.exe and ran it to manually install it, but after that the same thing still happens.

Does anyone reading this have a solution for this?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

URGENT: "Could not access network location Forms\mai_23" when updating TurboTax 2023

I called TurboTax support and was pleasantly surprise how quickly I got through to an actual person.  She spent the time to walk me through several attempted solutions.  None of them fully worked but I got some ideas of other things to try.

After uninstalled and reinstalled TurboTax 2023 in the default folder, C:\Program Files\TurboTax\Individual 2023 without solving the problem, I uninstall it one more, created the directory C:\Program Files2, and then install TurboTax 2023 in C:\Program Files2\TurboTax\Individual 2023.  After this installation in an alternate location, updates smoothly installed, TurboTax 2023 comes up, and I'm successfully able to open my tax return file.

Some time I should probably try figure out what's wrong with the C:\Program Files directory tree, but now that I have TurboTax 2023 working via my work around, I need to focus on completing my tax returns by the Oct. 15, 2024 extension deadline.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

It would be best for you to contact TurboTax support on Monday for this problem.

Support is open from 5am to 5pm Pacific time, Monday thru Friday

See this TurboTax support FAQ for contacting support - https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/account-management/turbotax-phone-number...

Support can also be reached by messaging them on these pages https://www.facebook.com/turbotax/ and https://twitter.com/TeamTurboTax

Oh I see you did try the manual update.  Here’s an article Troubleshooting update issues on Windows

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/troubleshooting/help/troubleshoot-turbotax-for-windows-updating-is...

As I said in my question: "I downloaded w_perrelsuperpathIS_ttax_2023.exe and ran it to manually install it, but after that the same thing still happens."

I called TurboTax support and was pleasantly surprise how quickly I got through to an actual person.  She spent the time to walk me through several attempted solutions.  None of them fully worked but I got some ideas of other things to try.

After uninstalled and reinstalled TurboTax 2023 in the default folder, C:\Program Files\TurboTax\Individual 2023 without solving the problem, I uninstall it one more, created the directory C:\Program Files2, and then install TurboTax 2023 in C:\Program Files2\TurboTax\Individual 2023.  After this installation in an alternate location, updates smoothly installed, TurboTax 2023 comes up, and I'm successfully able to open my tax return file.

Some time I should probably try figure out what's wrong with the C:\Program Files directory tree, but now that I have TurboTax 2023 working via my work around, I need to focus on completing my tax returns by the Oct. 15, 2024 extension deadline.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies