Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

mh4444
Returning Member

Unable to import from E*Trade, says "there isn't any tax-related info to import right now" even though 1099 consolidated is available.

I was online with Lydia yesterday for an hour and she told me this is Etrade's issue.  I contacted them and they said it's a turbotax problem.  I asked to speak to tech support she said there isn't any tech support she spoke to a manager and he spoke through her saying that I can just upload the doc to turbotax. NO YOU CAN'T!  This is so frustrating!  I'm about ready to go pay someone to do my taxes.  I have 220 pages of transactions!!!

Unable to import from E*Trade, says "there isn't any tax-related info to import right now" even though 1099 consolidated is available.

Just do as the previous post suggested, enter the summary and mail the supporting docs to IRS. 

Mh4444,I had same problem, I paid 15 dollars to investotek, and they made a file for me from etrade and was able to import into tt. Google investotek and Jeff from there will help you though it, Richard the great, helped me with this. I had over 200 pages also, hope this helps

Jayc2000, Thank you. I did the same. it works!! I got the files within an hour.   Well used for $15.

following. same issue.

following. I am having same issue right now.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

You are commenting on an older thread that may contain outdated information. What is the issue you are experiencing? Is there a specific error message you're receiving?

@ngay528

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Have the exact same issue as the subject line states, essentially meaning I'm unable to import from etrade.

NashayLO
Intuit Alumni

What happens when you try to import? Are you getting an error message? How large are the transactions?

Please see this TurboTax FAQ for steps to import, How do I import my 1099? 

These canned replies are not helping TT look good here. 

I've said it multiple times, I work to import my taxes like I have done the past 5 years, I choose eTrade, type in my login info, then I just get an error popup message stating:

"There isn't any tax-related info to import right now"

There clearly is as I can download the documents manually, so there is an issue on TT or Etrade side right now.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

In this public forum, we do not have the capability to determine where the error is occurring. You may want to check with E*TRADE to confirm that third-party access is enabled for your account.  For additional information, please see What if I can't import my 1099?

If you still are unable to import, please reach out to TurboTax Customer Support for assistance.

What is the TurboTax phone number?

@ngay528

Madmoney1
Returning Member

I am having the same issue. Using the CD Rom version. Been using Turbotax for many years and this is the first time I've encountered problems with importing 1099. Tried all 3 E*Trade options, including E*trade from Morgan Stanley (Bank accounts). I get this error message "This import was unsuccessful" "There isn't any tax-related info to import right now.....". Just spoke to Etrade and they told me to contact Turbotax as it's not a Etrade issue

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Please follow the instructions here if you are having trouble importing your 1099. 

If you are unable to import still, you can follow the instructions here to enter a large number of stock transactions in Turbo Tax. 

If you need additional assistance, please click here to contact customer support. 

Stop giving us canned and useless replies. I would hope someone has tried this themselves to reproduce it. If it's not widespread, then how about trying to reach out to me and troubleshoot my specific issue.

I'm not stupid and know I can type in sales one by one. But I have TurboTax so I don't have to do that.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

It would be best to contact us by phone by following the instructions here @ngay528, so we can take a look at your program to see what is going on. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies