turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Do ineed to file a return with st. louis city, missouri

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
JohnW15
Intuit Alumni

You may need to.

According to Earnings Tax Frequently Asked Questions,

All City of St. Louis residents are required to pay the Earnings Tax regardless of where they work. Non-residents are required to pay the Earnings Tax on work or services performed within the City of St. Louis. All businesses located in the City of St. Louis, except those exempted by law, are required to pay the Earnings Tax. Non-resident businesses, except those exempted by law, who perform work, services or business activity in the City of St. Louis are required to pay the Earnings Tax.

However, TurboTax does not process any of St. Louis' tax forms.  For forms you may need to file, please see Earnings Tax Forms and Information.

Turbotax should include St. Louis earning tax into their paperwork. I can't imagine that I pay >$40 for MO state return and still need to calculate the city tax on my own.
rjs51lsl

Please add a notice that local St Louis Tax returns are not created by TurboTax.  It would have given me a heads-up that I needed to look further.  Now we have penalties for late filing.  

@rjs51lsl 

You should always look over the tax return(s) that you are filing before and after you file.  And you should print out a copy for yourself and save the files as  tax files and pdfs.  If you had done those things you would have seen that you did not prepare or file a city return.  TurboTax only prepares a few city returns.  It is up to you to pay attention to whether you file all of the returns you are supposed to file.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

City Tax Returns

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899325-which-city-tax-returns-can-i-do-in-the-turbotax-state-prog...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies