Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

TurboTax saying a W-2c is on the way?

@kc111 You added to an old thread FULL of posts from other users; no one has posted to this thread since May.   We do not know what "same thing" you are trying to ask about.  Please start your own NEW thread and explain the issue:

Click the blue bubble that says Ask a Question

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/02/202

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
kc111

sorry!  Thought the subject also showed up in my post? 

This is regarding a W-2c for social security that wasnt taxed.  This was a blip last year, maybe a blip again??

PLEASE start your own new thread.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I don't believe this has been fixed yet.  I am getting this error on 2/20/2022

PattiF
Expert Alumni

You can check on your W-2 to make sure that the correct amounts were withheld. If all of that is correct, then you can move on and file your return. This is not an error that will prevent you from filing and it will not affect your tax return.

To check to see if the withholding on the W-2 was correct:

• Multiply the amount in Box 3 by 6.2% for the Social security tax withheld found in Box 4
  • Multiply the amount in Box 5 by 1.45% for the Medicare tax withheld found in Box 6

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

My withholdings are all correct.  That is why I was confused.  I don't know why I am being asked about this issue.  Thank you for your response.

I don't understand why TurboTax doesn't fix this?  It has been hanging around since last year?  I know it's not going to prevent me from filing but the program is not as good as it used to be.  I also got an error message about Child Care Credit?  We don't have any children?  I finally googled that one and found a work around but why should we be doing work arounds when we pay good money for TurboTax?  How can we be sure there aren't other hidden errors that will come back to bite us in the butt?  Is TurboTax going to argue with the IRS on our behalf?

Own the bugs and FIX them PLEASE!!!

mmackiernan
Returning Member

My 2021 W-2 has blanks in box 4.  My 2020 W-2 also has blanks in box 4 which passes through 202 TurboTax premium fine.  Why does it need to different in TurboTax premium in 2021? I am still stuck receiving a message that a W-2c is on the way???

cb1949

I received the same notification from Turbo Tax.  What did you do to resolve it.  We didn't have any social security taxes deferred either.

@cb1949 wrote:

I received the same notification from Turbo Tax.  What did you do to resolve it.  We didn't have any social security taxes deferred either.

Disregard that message concerning a W-2C.  It should have been removed from the TurboTax program but was not.

I did research and found that it was an error. They supposedly fixed. So I just ignored it. I hope they get their stuff together. They've always been so accurate and now I feel like I could end up in trouble because they're not as accurate. Makes me consider going elsewhere.

mmackiernan
Returning Member

I worked with a Turbo Tax representative.  When entering my W-2 which had fields 2,4, 6 with no values,

I had entered a zero in those fields.  The representative suggested I remove the zeros and that fixed my problem.

Meredith

mmackiernan
Returning Member

My W-2 had blanks in fields 2,,4, and 6. I had inserted zero's in those fields. Removing the zeros fixed the problem.   I worked with a Turbo Tax representative and she suggested that change.

Walter22

Seems to be happening with many of us.  I did not defer and of my social security taxes last year!

DMarkM1
Expert Alumni

Some customers have received this message in error.  You may disregard the message it is a notification only and does not affect your tax return. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies