092655Mga

TurboTax Premier - Downloading From 1099s

Has anyone else had problems downloading your Form 1099s (from one of the itemized major brokerage institutions) in TurboTax Premier?  My on-line account with the brokerage firm shows the Form 1099 is available (and I can print it) and has been available for over a week but TurboTax does not recognize and download it.

SForrestLO
Employee TurboTax Specialist

If you are not able to import it, you can add it manually. This Turbo Tax FAQ will show you how to add your 1099. How to add a 1099

092655Mga

Thanks.

This is actually a multi-page and multi-transaction year-end tax statement (comprising 1099-B, 1099-DIV, 1099-INT, 1099-OID) and manual entry will be time-consuming and error prone, so still looking for whether this is a brokerage or TurboTax download or timing issue

wjn

I am having terrible time trying to import my 1099s. I spent an more than an hour on the phone with the support rep. We changed web browser. delete cookies, restarted my computer, tried to use different device etc etc. It still doesn't work. Very frustrating. 

EbonyL122824
Employee TurboTax Specialist

@wjn Thank you for sharing this information. It is our desire to find a resolution for you and others that might be having a similar experience in the program. To assist us in this process, please review your entries in [section of program driving the message].  Some errors are caused by accidental entries.  If that doesn't work, try to delete the form and re-enter, and also [clear cache and cookies/run updates]  However, if this does not resolve your issue, please note the exact message and where you are encountering that message in the program.  We will work with you towards a resolution to file your return accurately.