If you worked as a freelancer or contractor last year, you probably got a 1099-NEC instead of a 1099-MISC. Go here to learn how to enter that form.
To enter a 1099-MISC for miscellaneous income in TurboTax:
- Open or continue your return
- Search for 1099-misc and select the Jump-to link
- Answer Yes to Did you get a 1099-MISC?
- If you already entered a 1099-MISC, you'll be on the 1099-MISC Summary screen, in which case you'll select Add Another 1099-MISC
- If you need to edit or delete a previously entered 1099-MISC, select the appropriate button
- Enter the info from your form into the corresponding boxes
- If you need to enter boxes 4–6 or 8–17, check My form has other info in boxes 1–17 to expand the form
Boxes 1 and 2 missing from your 1099-MISC screen? Go back to the main 1099-MISC screen using the steps above.
- Why is there an amount in Box 1 (Nonemployee Comp) on my 1099-NEC?
- Where do I enter my self-employment business expenses, like home office, vehicle mileage, and supplies?
- Does a 1099-NEC or 1099-MISC mean I'm self-employed?
- Where do I enter a 1099-NEC or 1099-MISC in the mobile app?
- How do I edit or delete a 1099-MISC?