Where do I enter a 1099-MISC?

EnglishEN

Pick a language

English Français
Get the latest stimulus news and tax filing updates.
Intuit

Where do I enter a 1099-MISC?

To enter a 1099-MISC in TurboTax:

1. Open or continue your return, if you're not already in it.
  2. Search for 1099-misc and select the Jump-to link.
  3. Answer Yes to Did you get a 1099-MISC?
    • If you already entered a 1099-MISC, you'll be on the 1099-MISC Summary screen, in which case select Add Another 1099-MISC.
    • If you need to edit or delete a previously-entered 1099-MISC, select the appropriate button.
  4. Enter the info from your form into the corresponding boxes.
    • If you need to enter boxes 4–6 or 8–18, check My form has other info in boxes 1–18 to expand the form.

I got my 1099-MISC for self-employment work, a rental property, royalties, or farm income or rental

If your 1099-MISC was for any of the following, you'll enter it in another section of TurboTax. If your 1099-MISC was for:

• Self-Employment (Schedule C) work:
    • Search for self employment income (use this exact phrase) and select the Jump to link. You may need to answer some questions about the work you did before you can enter your 1099-MISC.
  • Rental Properties and Royalties (Schedule E):
    • Search for rental income and expenses (use this exact phrase) and select the Jump to link.
  • Farm Income and Farm Rental:
    • Search for farm income and select the Jump to link.

• Boxes 1 and 2 missing from your 1099-MISC screen? Go back to the main 1099-MISC screen using the steps above.
  • Want to enter self-employment expenses? Type Schedule C in the Search box and select Jump to link.
  • Trying to enter a 1099-MISC in the mobile app? Follow this link for instructions.
  • Looking  for steps to create and file a 1099-MISC for a contractor? Use Quick Employer Forms.

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post