turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TurboTax Premier - Downloading From 1099s

Has anyone else had problems downloading your Form 1099s (from one of the itemized major brokerage institutions) in TurboTax Premier?  My on-line account with the brokerage firm shows the Form 1099 is available (and I can print it) and has been available for over a week but TurboTax does not recognize and download it.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies
SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

If you are not able to import it, you can add it manually. This Turbo Tax FAQ will show you how to add your 1099. How to add a 1099

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks.

This is actually a multi-page and multi-transaction year-end tax statement (comprising 1099-B, 1099-DIV, 1099-INT, 1099-OID) and manual entry will be time-consuming and error prone, so still looking for whether this is a brokerage or TurboTax download or timing issue

wjn

I am having terrible time trying to import my 1099s. I spent an more than an hour on the phone with the support rep. We changed web browser. delete cookies, restarted my computer, tried to use different device etc etc. It still doesn't work. Very frustrating. 

EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

@wjn Thank you for sharing this information. It is our desire to find a resolution for you and others that might be having a similar experience in the program. To assist us in this process, please review your entries in [section of program driving the message].  Some errors are caused by accidental entries.  If that doesn't work, try to delete the form and re-enter, and also [clear cache and cookies/run updates]  However, if this does not resolve your issue, please note the exact message and where you are encountering that message in the program.  We will work with you towards a resolution to file your return accurately.

jimll

The tax program is purchased in order to avoid having to do it manually

I am also having this issue on the Vanguard broker download into TT, even though I've received the statement in the mail and it's ready on the website.  It is quite large to manually download.  Was this issue ever resolved?  I receive the message - System error on download "3002", Severity = "ERROR".

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

Are you using TurboTax Online or the CD/Download software? @bankervp 

I am using the CD version.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Please follow the instructions here to manually update the software, as this can resolve this. @bankervp 

HarryO
Returning Member

I got the same error with Ameriprise and while I talking to Ameriprise and TT tech support I turned off VPN on my laptop and volia...It downloaded.

HarryO
Returning Member

I had the same problem today with Ameriprise and realized that I had VPN on the internet through Mcfee turn on and once I turned the VPN to no or off the import went fine. Maybe that's your issue?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies