TurboTax is trying to renew my previous subscripti...

TurboTax is trying to renew my previous subscription, but I have chosen a new company. How do I cancel a subscription?

I have searched help and this section for every combination of "subscription" and "cancel" and "renew" that I can think of. Apparently Ituit does not want me to know how to close this account! Can anyone guide me? The fact that there is literally no way to communicate via email is one of the reasons I have gone with a different company.

If you are asking about the "Online" software..there is nothing to renew....you just don't use it next year.

IF you are talking about the download/desktop "Advantage" purchase that renews every year....you cancel it here:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/downgrading/help/how-do-i-cancel-my-turbotax-advantage-subscriptio...

I'm sorry, but that information is not correct. The online version definitely has an option to auto-renew. Intuit is trying to charge an old credit card number for it and has asked me to log in to correct the number so that they can auto-renew. I just thought I'd be polite and cancel so they can stop trying to bill a card that has long expired. The problem is that they make it impossible to find. Between the difficulty in getting an accurate answer here, the lack of email support and the indecipherable "subscription" service, I count myself lucky that I found another company to do business with. 

Note: if you don't know the actual answer, best to remain quiet rather than waste more time. 

I just received 2 messages that I have renewed my subscription.  I only want one.  Please check your records. The one I Still want used is a charge card that the last  digits are [removed].  Any other charge card with my name that has a different number should be cancelled.

Please verify that you have corrected my account.  my E-mail address is:  [email address removed]

Simcerely Russell [removed]

@jdr1953 wrote:

Simcerely Russell [removed] 

Only TurboTax support can handle a billing issue.

Sign onto your Advantage subscription account and use the toll free phone number for assistance with your account - https://accounts-tax.intuit.com/turbotaxadvantage