turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TurboTax is trying to renew my previous subscription, but I have chosen a new company. How do I cancel a subscription?

I have searched help and this section for every combination of "subscription" and "cancel" and "renew" that I can think of. Apparently Ituit does not want me to know how to close this account! Can anyone guide me? The fact that there is literally no way to communicate via email is one of the reasons I have gone with a different company.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

TurboTax is trying to renew my previous subscription, but I have chosen a new company. How do I cancel a subscription?

If you are asking about the "Online" software..there is nothing to renew....you just don't use it next year.

IF you are talking about the download/desktop "Advantage" purchase that renews every year....you cancel it here:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/downgrading/help/how-do-i-cancel-my-turbotax-advantage-subscriptio...

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

I'm sorry, but that information is not correct. The online version definitely has an option to auto-renew. Intuit is trying to charge an old credit card number for it and has asked me to log in to correct the number so that they can auto-renew. I just thought I'd be polite and cancel so they can stop trying to bill a card that has long expired. The problem is that they make it impossible to find. Between the difficulty in getting an accurate answer here, the lack of email support and the indecipherable "subscription" service, I count myself lucky that I found another company to do business with. 

Note: if you don't know the actual answer, best to remain quiet rather than waste more time. 

jdr1953

I just received 2 messages that I have renewed my subscription.  I only want one.  Please check your records. The one I Still want used is a charge card that the last  digits are [removed].  Any other charge card with my name that has a different number should be cancelled.

Please verify that you have corrected my account.  my E-mail address is:  [email address removed]

Simcerely Russell [removed]

@jdr1953 wrote:

I just received 2 messages that I have renewed my subscription.  I only want one.  Please check your records. The one I Still want used is a charge card that the last  digits are [removed].  Any other charge card with my name that has a different number should be cancelled.

Please verify that you have corrected my account.  my E-mail address is:  [email address removed]

Simcerely Russell [removed] 

Only TurboTax support can handle a billing issue.

Sign onto your Advantage subscription account and use the toll free phone number for assistance with your account - https://accounts-tax.intuit.com/turbotaxadvantage

Cancel this account. I used another service. 

AshleyLO
Intuit Alumni

@SacredRemedies If you are not wanting to use TurboTax this year, you can use the Clear and Start Over to delete any information that you entered for this year's return.  

If you are trying to cancel something else, please specify.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies