turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TurboTax for Business thinks it needs to update but will not

I am trying to efile. I get the message "there is an update available for your version of TurboTax... go to the Online menu and select Check for Updates".  But when I do that (so to Check for Updates) it says I am up to date. I have tried rebooting. Same result.

This is blocking me from finishing my taxes and very frustrating!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Tried again today. This time the software found updates to apply (both Federal and Texas). And once it did that I was able to successfully transmit the efilings. So all set now!

View solution in original post

21 Replies
CassLO
Intuit Alumni

Try this manual update and see if it works:

f you're having trouble updating your TurboTax 2019 for Windows Individual software using the "Check for Updates" method, you can get the latest federal program update here:

1. Close TurboTax and all other programs except this browser window.
  1. Click here to download the 184 MB update.
  1. Save the update file to your Windows desktop.
  2. Double-click the update file w_perrelsuperpatch... on your desktop to install the manual update.

"DaveF1006 Employee Tax Expert"

I have also included the below TurboTax FAQ below, in case it does apply to you:

"There is an update available for your version of TurboTax" loop when e-filing (Windows)

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks but that patch did not run properly. I got the following error - "TurboTax 2019 is not installed. Please install TurboTax 2019 first and then re-run this update."   It is definitely installed however. And I did run it off the desktop as suggested.

Please advise. It's still behaving the same.  Check for updates indicates that I am up to date. But when I go to efile at the final transmission step it says there that there is an update to apply.

By the way, I am efiling federal and Texas state returns. I mention in case that helps diagnose the problem as the FAQ link you provided shows separate solutions depending on which state.  This is TurboTax for Business and that means Windows (as there's no Mac version of that product).

Just tried again. Same thing. Would appreciate acknowledgement that someone at Intuit is working on this major bug with your software.  I have others dependent on the K1's for this business so important that I get the tax return efiled asap.

Tried again today. This time the software found updates to apply (both Federal and Texas). And once it did that I was able to successfully transmit the efilings. So all set now!

nikkiw218
Returning Member

We are in tax year 2020.  Why are you giving an update for 2019?

The thread you are replying to is from a year ago. Plus the issue was resolved as well.

nikkiw218
Returning Member

Maybe you guys should post the 2020 Business Manual Update and no one would continue looking at this thread as help for 2020 tax product.

Here's both the personal updates and Business.  And they have all the years listed on them.

If your program says it's up to date or you can't update it then do the Manual Update.  This has also fixed the State forms not available problem for some users.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/updating/help/manually-update-turbotax-for-windows-software-basic-...

How to manually update Turbo Tax Business program….

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/updating/help/manually-update-turbotax-business-software/00/25794

Sorry.  Looks like they haven't put out the 2020 manual update yet for Business.  You have to wait.

dlm75
Returning Member

Your update is still not working.  I started this 1 min update 30 min ago and it is still not updating.  For what I need to do I don't even this defective update. Please fix it or go back to making it optional as soon as possible. Thanks

Budzyja
Returning Member

Having same issue with Wisconsin forms two updates and no fix yet been two weeks and hours on the fine with turbo tax 

Budzyja
Returning Member

Having same issue with Wisconsin forms two updates and no fix yet been two weeks and hours on the phone with turbo tax no results yet not using it next year if not fixed by Thursday been a loyal customer till now

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Have you tried to run a manual update? If not, please try the steps in the below FAQ to see if it resolves the issue:

Manually Update TurboTax for Windows Software (Basic, Deluxe, Premier, Home & Business)

@Budzya

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies