Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Poncho31

Turbotax 2023 tax file accidently deleted.

By accident, I deleted my draft file for our family and can't find it anywhere in Turbotax (nor in my computer documents, etc). I had spent 4 hours inputting all our data for a final proofreading before officially file.

Any ideas on how to possibly retrieve that draft deleted copy? In advance, thanks for your advice!!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Do you know how you deleted?  You need the file ending in .tax2023.  There should also be a temp file starting with a tilde sign ~your  name. tax2023 incase your return is lost or gets corrupted.    Search your whole computer for all files ending in .tax2023.  It should be in your Documents in a Turbo Tax folder.  Check the Recycle or Trash Bin.  Or are you on MAC?  

Poncho31

Thanks but I wasn't able to find and/or recover the file. Any other ideas? Thanks-

Sorry I don't know.  

It was no accident. The CD didn't work and the internet version is not compatible. The 2022 files were destroyed by the on-line program not by accident but because of bad programming. Will never be using TT again over this. Still not done with 2022 and need a whole day to redo everything for the first year of my business not just the income sent to me late the accountant forgot to report to me.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies