Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

turbotax 2023 business not able to import quickbooks

tt23 has no device to let you select your qb files at all.  it just states that qbd is not installed.  revied posts and no answers.  this is a flaw in the turbo tax program

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
JohnW152
Expert Alumni

What version of QuickBooks?  You can't seem to import from QB 2021 anymore.  Lots of posts and complaints about 2021.  

Thanks for replying.

QuickBooks Desktop 2021

Issue is that Turbo Tax doesn't even show the window to choose a directory.  Usually when you select import, a new window pops up so you can select the directory where your company is located.  Out of grins and giggles, I loaded TurboTax 2022, selected import, and wham, I can choose the directory with no problem.  This looks like a software issue.  Many others are having the same issues.

Been using this combination of software 23 years now with no problems with import.

Thanks.  Issue seems to be software bug.  Others having same issue

knightly

Hi Turbotax community,

I'm using QB 2020 and have the same problem.

This is a Turbotax issues!

Intuit are you going to fix this bug.

Bad design on your part, just let users pick the QB file next time.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

I have a couple ideas that have worked for other users. These are not fixes, but may get you going.

This seems to work for QB 2023:

I changed the installation folder to C:\Program Files (x86)\TurboTax\Individual 2023 simply because that's where all previous years of TT were installed and I wanted to keep them together.  The installation proceeded fine and asked to load any updates.  I clicked to update and TT closed.  It had installed in Program Files anyway.  TurboTax.exe is in C:\Program Files\TurboTax\Individual 2023\64bit, which seems odd if it can't be installed in the (x86) folder.  I uninstalled and reinstalled, accepting its default folder, and it seems to be working.  This problem should be fixed. 

Second workaround-

I followed the Advice of the Community to Install QB Enterprise (QBE) 2024 Trial software. 
Immediately after install without launching QBE 24, TT Biz 2023 found my QB Premier (QBP) 2021 Files.  I did all this while QBP 21 was open.  Then i had an issue with Windows Beta UTF-8 character set and had to shut down and Re-boot. 

At this point QBP would not load... it kept giving the must reboot to complete install (even after rebooting) the fix was to Launch QBE 24 to the Type of business selection screen... then without making ANY selection, hit the Exit Quickbooks Button!!.  After this QBE closed, and QBP opened normally.  I verified that TT BIZ 23 could still see the QBP 21 company files.  I am curious to see what happens after tax season when i uninstall QBE 24... or did this just buy me 3 more years of TT compatibility? 

While this workaround solution works, it is a poor solution to the problem!  Intuit should have been able to fix the Bug in the TT (biz & H+B) 2023 software versions. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies