Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

gunplumber
Returning Member

TurboTax 2022 H&B, hard copy, defective - deletes all entries on review.

First - I have been using Turbotax for 25 years.  So I know how to use it, and know what to expect.
I completed my 1040 w/Sched C.  When I run the final review before filing, it deletes all entries I had made.

Yes, you read that right.  I have a fully completed 1040 and schedule C  and on "review/check for errors", I get "ineligible for e-filing because Line 9,11,16,18,21,24,33 have zero value"

I go back to the Schedule C and all my values are 0, as if I hadn't started it yet.  I quit without saving, reopen, and all the correct values are back. I have tried this multiple times.  Rebooted - everything I can think of.  All updates are installed.

Google shows multiple people having the same issue, but no solution.

If I try to save my 1040 as a PDF without filing, I also get 0 value in all those lines, so I can't even save a draft of my finished forms.

Called customer service, opted for callback.  Callback said "we won't be calling you again, goodbye" without ever having a live person speak, and hung up.  I am now at hour 4 of trying to get a live person.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

It would be best to click here and give us a call, so we can look into this further. @gunplumber 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
gunplumber
Returning Member

I did.  The first time I used the auto-call-back which hung up on me without a live person ever picking up. "We won't be calling you again".

The second time, I was on hold for 58 minutes to talk to a CSR who after 15 minutes still couldn't grasp that I had the disc, and so logging in an out from turbotax on line was not useful advice.  She also claimed that they could not verify that I had an account at all - even though I was logged  in while talking to her.

When I asked to speak to someone else, she hung up on me too.

I uninstalled, reinstalled, did a new update . . . same thing.

I tried to download directly from the site, but it wouldn't let me saying the activation key had already been used and I'd have to re-download from my account.  Except I have a disc, I didn't do an on-line download to re-do.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

I apologize you had a frustrating experience with the phone support. 

Please try updating your software again once you have his values back. You can try to save as and give the tax file a new name. Then shut program down. Open up the saved file. If that doesn't work then you would need to contact support again,  and ask for a download as your disc is not working. @gunplumber 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

IF you are on a Windows Computer. Shut down TTX.

1) Then check for any waiting Windows Updates. Partially-installed OS updates are known to cause problems.  Then re-boot whether or not you have any waiting OS updates

2)   then download and install the "Manual Update".

Manually Update TurboTax for Windows Software (intuit.com)

_______

After that is fully installed....restart TTX and run the internal software update again (sometimes the manual update is a version behind)

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
gunplumber
Returning Member

I have found TTX Business and TTX Individual.

Mine is "TTX Home and Business."

where is the manual update for that version?

gunplumber
Returning Member

I tried to run the w-biz superpatch and it didn't recognize TTX as being installed, so I assume the Business and Home and Business are different

This is beyond ridiculous.  You sold me a defective product and can't or won't fix it, nor will you let me download a clean version of it.

I had to file an extension for the first time in 30 years because of your defective product.

I want a clean download of Home and Business that works, and I want it now! And calling some CSM who doesn't have any power, or understanding, is not going to help.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies