turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbo tax stopped my filing because my NJ FLI was 31.59 which exceeds max of 29.00? Can I just change the amount to 29.00?

The w-2 has 31.59 for NJ FLI tax box 14. Can I change the amount to 29.00 without any issues?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Turbo tax stopped my filing because my NJ FLI was 31.59 which exceeds max of 29.00? Can I just change the amount to 29.00?

No...don't change anything.

The new FLI limits for NJ have not yet been implemented in the software..."supposedly" they will be by 28 29 January.  Come back then and go thru your error checks and reviews again after that date...it should clear by then.

And Don't attempt to file until AFTER 12 Feb.  The may be other things you actually "forgot" about and may get more tax forms you must include in your file.  The IRS is not starting to work on anyone's tax return until after 12 Feb, and filing early does not mean it will be processed any sooner.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

View solution in original post

8 Replies

No...don't change anything.

The new FLI limits for NJ have not yet been implemented in the software..."supposedly" they will be by 28 29 January.  Come back then and go thru your error checks and reviews again after that date...it should clear by then.

And Don't attempt to file until AFTER 12 Feb.  The may be other things you actually "forgot" about and may get more tax forms you must include in your file.  The IRS is not starting to work on anyone's tax return until after 12 Feb, and filing early does not mean it will be processed any sooner.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

An FAQ was issued...keep an eye on the "expected" ready  Date.....now 29 Jan:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/payroll-reminders/help/new-jersey-sdi-tax-and-fdi-tax/00/1807763

babster3

I don't understand this. I lost more than I won so what is the problem?

babster3

This is already April so things should be settled

that is wrong and disgusting, but the tax process makes you account for what you do daily from your heart,  im disgusted , i also need help, i cannot afford the cost of living with a job!!!! at what point does this stop.

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

Please verify that your system is up to date. To make sure the program is updated, see:

• be sure to check for updates and close the program for the CD/Download, or
  • close the program and the browser window for TurboTax Online. Re-open using Chrome on a Windows 10 device.

For steps on how to enter New Jersey Family Leave Insurance, see: Where should I enter New Jersey Family Leave Insurance (NJ FLI)?

Click the link for more details from PDF page 43 &44 of 2020 New Jersey Resident Return NJ-1040 Tax Booklet or see the screenshots below:

@jingjing90275

NJ FLI is not related to losses. If you are referring to gambling losses, New Jersey does allow the gains and losses to be netted in the same category of income. For more information, see: 2020 Instructions for NJ-1040, page 9 and 20

@babster3

No, these three suitcases are in great shape. They don't look used much.

No, don't change anything.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies