turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mmouse310

Turbo tax not using the qualified dividend worksheet. I have capital losses. I have entered qualified dividends. How to fix when I haven't paid?

I entered the qualified dividends in appropriate box. I entered the gains/losses and came up with a loss on stock sales.  I haven't paid because not comfortable with result so can't see details.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Turbo tax not using the qualified dividend worksheet. I have capital losses. I have entered qualified dividends. How to fix when I haven't paid?

As you mentioned, you would have to pay to download/print to review the Qualified Dividends and Capital Gain Tax Worksheet and other worksheets/schedules/forms, if included in your federal tax return.

However, you may determine if the worksheet is included in your federal tax return (before paying) by previewing Form 1040 using the following instructions and seeing if Qualified Dividends and Capital Gain Tax Worksheet is checked under Form 1040 Line 43 under Tax Smart WorksheetHow do I preview my TurboTax Online return before filing?

If the Qualified Dividends and Capital Gain Tax Worksheet is not included in your federal tax return, you should review how you entered the related information.

If the reason you think the Qualified Dividends and Capital Gain Tax Worksheet is not included in your federal tax return is because your taxes are higher than you expected, you should also note if any additional taxes are reported on your federal tax return (Form 1040 Lines 45-46, 57-63). For example, TurboTax may automatically calculate and include IRS Form 6251, Alternative Minimum Tax - Individuals, IRS Form 8959, Additional Medicare Tax and IRS Form 8960, Net Investment Income Tax Individuals, Estates, and Trusts in your federal tax return, if applicable. You may determine if these forms are included in your federal tax return using the following instructions (but don't actually delete forms): How do I delete forms in TurboTax Online?

Please review the following link(s) and the link(s) embedded on the webpage(s) for more information:

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies