Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Jam89
Returning Member

Turbo tax is sending incorrect AGI to the IRS whem efiling

So I tried efiling my taxes and kept getting rejected by the IRS for the AGI with the IND-031 and IND-P

032. Our AGIs were correct, we tried 0, we tried the identity pins from I'd me, and we tried the signature pins from last years taxes. Still all rejected. 

So I call the IRS, because my transcripts were so accurate. Explain the scenario, the first thing they ask is are you using turbo tax... I try another software and our taxes get accepted immediately.

This leads me to believe that turbotax is having some type of glitch and sending the wrong information to the IRS on the back end. Or presenting users with the wrong error code. I would like a refund, I tried calling but they say you need to request an refund online.

I opened a ticket (Case #[removed]), and they responded with nonsense and I can't email back because turbo tax has my email domain marked as spam or something. I keep getting [email address removed]>: host mx2.intuit.iphmx.com[216.71.138.61] said: 550
#5.1.0 Address rejected, which is coming from the recipients end. 

It should not be this difficult to get to a person that can be like oh let me send this to technical support, and turbo tax should probably be white listing their customers email domains. This is ridiculous. I'm not even sure how to get to a person that can just put me in contact with someone that can take a second to just listen. Maybe actually open up a technical ticket to research the actual problem and then refund me my money for a product that's not working correctly. I personally didn't buy turbo tax to file on paper, fix your issues. Its crazy that its so hard to open a ticket. I would love for someone to contact me or be instructed on how to get in touch with the appropriate team. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Here is a link to request a refund: How do I request a refund for my TurboTax product?

Or you can call TurboTax Customer service.  Here is a link:  Turbo Tax Customer Service 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Jam89
Returning Member

This really is not helpful. Considering I already clearly stated I did both of these things. I'm not sure why you thought that would be helpful. 

when e-Filing, others have reported in the past that correct AGI works with other tax software after failure with TurboTax.'

trying IP PINs, ID.me PINs, and other numbers is not going to work.

As far as I can tell, based on this forum, TurboTax does not support the alternate method of "last-year's self-select PIN" instead of AGI.

Getting your cost refunded is a whole other topic.

@Jam89 

Jam89
Returning Member

Trying with 0, Identity pins, and signature pins is what the IRS tells you to try to resolve the rejection codes that I revived from turbo tax. So ideally they should work. But regardless. I was able to file with another software with last years ago so it should have worked with turbo tax.

https://www.irs.gov/filing/free-file-fillable-forms/ind-032-04

https://www.irs.gov/filing/free-file-fillable-forms/ind-031-04

Just select that you did not file taxes last year and it will skip the AGI question and let you efile.  The IRS does not see that question.

Jam89
Returning Member

Entering zero should behave the same as having not filed. Plus I should be able to follow the IRSs instructions for resolving those rejection reasons, not random work arounds. But, if your entering the same information that the IRS has on file than it should e-file. I was able to e-file just fine with another software. I shouldn't be forced to file by mail because their software is behaving incorrectly, especially when I chose this product so that I can e-file. Its not like the product is cheap, it cost almost $300. I also shouldn't have to risk fines, by filing late because their software isn't behaving as expected because I waited around trying to get turbo tax to fix issues on their end, they aren't going to pay those fines and penalties. I basically posted in hopes that someone that actually works for turbo tax would be able to reach out. Since its so hard to get through to someone that will take the time to read what your saying, since it seems like their software isn't working correctly. It was also to try to bring to there attention some of the responses that their employees are giving people. It really shouldn't be this hard, thanks for your input though. 

The 5-digit self-select PIN is an option if  the software supports it.

the self-select PIN is different from the 6-digit IP PIN, which is also required for e-FIle if IRS issued you an IP PIN.

When the IRS steps you posted above refer to last year's signature PIN, that is not the IP PIN.

Jam89
Returning Member

If you took the time to read what I wrote, you would see commas. Those commas indicate a list of thing that were previously tried. If you look closely you would see that I said I tried the identity pins. IP pin stands for identity protection pin. Thank you for your input, but it is not that helpful. Regardless, I have gotten a hold of someone at turbo tax and I think I am satisfied with the refund. And I was able to exile with another software as stated already, so their is no need to continue to try to explain things. Thanks. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies