Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

pkerr
Returning Member

Turbo Tax errors out when attempting to pay

I'm ready to file and I click on I want to pay with a credit card and then the next screen is an error message saying "we've hit a snag" and that's it.  No error code or anything.

I don't even get to the point where I can enter a credit card.

I've called customer support and they said I can pay over the phone.  I asked how that will allow me to then file my taxes and they don't know.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Try closing TurboTax, clear your Cache and Cookies if you are using TurboTax Online, and reopen TurboTax.  You can also try a different browser.

Also, make sure you have ran all updates. 

If using TurboTax Online: Clear your cache and cookies. See this FAQ, for your particular browser.

If using TurboTax Desktop: Please see this FAQ.

Try disabling your main internet browsers pop up blocker before getting to the payment page.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
pkerr
Returning Member

It's none of those...

What I found out is that there is a form from my State return that Turbo Tax cannot handle.  That's according to the Rep who helped me.

When I filed my Federal seperately it worked.  Now I'm left trying to file my state.  I was told to try it every few days and eventually it may work.  Otherwise I'll have to send it in via mail.

Come on Turbo Tax, get your act together!

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

Some TurboTax customers are experiencing an issue in the Final Review section when selecting the pay with refund option. The customer is looped back to Final Review.

We’re currently working to resolve this issue. If you’d like to receive progress updates, sign up below.

Sign In Here for Updates

@pkerr 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I'm also having this same exact issue and I have not had it resolved yet. I had called Turbotax support twice, they gave similar solutions but has not worked in helping me to e-file my state return. I think I can pay via phone but I have a $10 credit that came with this Turbotax Desktop product. Would like an update to this as well, preferably before 4/15. 

pkerr
Returning Member

Even if you can pay by phone, how is that going to get your taxes files?  They couldn't ive me an answer on that one.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies