Calpike

TT for Business 2021: Just downloaded the DC State and now TT will not launch.

I have TT Home and Business for the Mac, 2021.  I downloaded the DC State and TT crashed.  Now it will not launch at all.

I didn't think any of the states were ready for a download yet  ... try deleting the program and reinstalling it then do NOT try to download the state until later (usually mid January).

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/forms/help/irs-forms-availability-table-for-turbotax-individual-pe...

If that doesn't work ...

Please contact support via phone for assistance with this; contact details can be found here

Calpike

I tried re-downloading and installing, but TT still crashes.

Calpike

I spent 90 minutes on the phone with three different TT CSR and Tech Support people.  It's clear they don't deal with a lot of Mac users, but since I used to be a Beta-tester for TT I knew where to find the various hidden files.  Basically, they had me delete and reinstall TT twice, which I had already done.  It still crashes on launch.  The "Tier 3 Tech Support" person told me that "there is a known issue with Amazon downloaded copies of Turbo Tax" and that I would have to work with Amazon to resolve the problem.  Of course, Amazon refers downloaded software problems to the software company.  

Bottom line:  Intuit points at Amazon and Amazon points at Intuit.  My copy of TT still crashes.  I purchased software that is unsupported and does not work and apparently have no recourse except to write a bad review.   

Calpike

FYI, the DC "state" download was available as of December 9.

Oh that link was for Business program.  For the personal  programs it says Jan 13 for DC

https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_dc_windows_individual.html 

Calpike

In TurboTax, when I tried to download my state (DC) in early December, it (the TurboTax state download window) said to try back around December 9.  On December 10, I was able to download DC in TurboTax and install it.  It was at that point I started having problems.

Checking other Community discussions, this has been a common problem since at least 2019.  

Oh Amazon?  Did you buy the CD or Download?  Yes there is a problem with Amazon.  They are suppose to be putting out an announcement for it. You might have to return the Amazon purchase and buy directly from Turbo Tax.

Calpike

Download.  Unfortunately, you can't speak with anyone at Amazon (that I could find) about software download issues and software isn't returnable.  I tried to return it, but once it's downloaded, it's your problem.  So, I don't know how Amazon is going to arrange for a return.  

Thanks for the second report about issues with Amazon.  I won't hold my breath for an email telling me to return the software I bought.