Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

paulcoaker65
Returning Member

Transmit Refund error message

Hello,

I am getting the following error message when I hit the Transmit Returns Now button:

Refund Transfer payment method isn't available right now.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

12 Replies

You have missed the deadline.  E-filing is closed permanently for 2019 returns.  You need to print, sign and mail your return now.

When you mail a tax return, you need to attach any documents showing tax withheld, such as your W-2’s or any 1099’s.  Use a mailing service that will track it, such as UPS or certified mail so you will know the IRS/state received the return.

Federal and state returns must be in separate envelopes and they are mailed to different addresses.  Read the mailing instructions that print with your tax return carefully so you mail them to the right addresses.

Note---that also means you cannot pay your TurboTax fees from your federal refund.  In order to print your return for mailing you have to pay your fees upfront using a debit/credit card.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
lysagerh

what address do i mail my federal and state returns for 2019

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

Please see the attached link for the address to use to mail your federal return.  The address does depend upon your state of residence.

Federal address for mailing your tax return

As for your state, please refer to the link below for more information as it applies to your specific state.

State Department of Revenue Links

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

https://www.irs.gov/filing/where-to-file-paper-tax-returns-with-or-without-a-payment

Often the state forms will print out with the address you need to mail it to,   or you can check on the state's tax web site:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/state-taxes/help/how-do-i-contact-my-state-department-of-revenue/0...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

The same thing is happening in February of 2022.  Seems to be no recourse.  Full message as follows:  "Refund Transfer payment method isn't available right now.  To finish e-filing your return, select the option to pay with your credit card or try again later".  This has been happening for 3 days now and nothing has changed.  All the federal and state checks passed with flying colors and the only thing for be to do is send to IRS.  Does anyone know if TurboTax files can be imported into H&R Block Software?  Now you know I am desperate.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

This is a known issue that we are working to resolve. You can sign up for progress updates in the link below.

Why am I stuck in a loop after choosing a refund processing service during the finish and file proce...

@80Gallons

This is also a problem with the 2023 program. Can anyone tell me if this is a software problem or a 3rd party hand-off problem?

thanks, bg

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

You are commenting on an old thread that may contain outdated information. 
What is the error you are receiving?

@frontenac6

nawarf

Did you ever get this figured it out? I am getting the same error

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see our Help Article if you are unable to complete your return.  

There also may be some instances where you are unable to pay fees with your refund.  For more details on this, please see our Help Article.   

@nawarf 

bingyoung

refund transer payment method isn't available right now.

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

You may review this help resource @bingyoung.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies