Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

camroc777

Trying to import my quickbooks online data into turbotax for business, but keep getting 'import script error:could not start quickbooks'. How can I resolve this problem?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Trying to import my quickbooks online data into turbotax for business, but keep getting 'import script error:could not start quickbooks'. How can I resolve this problem?

To Turbo Tax Business or Home & Business?  You can not import QuickBooks online into Business.  You have to convert it to QuickBooks Desktop first.
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901107-how-do-i-import-quickbooks-data-into-turbotax-business

This is the USA tax forum.  For Canada, go here:

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/tax-help

3 years later and Intuit still has no way to import QB ONLINE data into TurboTax Business (not an online product, but the only one that does K-1s).  MAJOR failing for Intuit.  They push businesses into the QBO product but have no compatible product for doing taxes other than manual input.

I just spent 30 minutes on the phone with a (very pleasant) service rep, and they didn't even know the issue existed.  Shame on you Intuit.  I knew more about the problem than they did.  

The only way is to import data from ONLINE to QB Desktop first.  Why would anyone subscribe to both???

Please tell me you;'re kidding.  I switched from QB desktop to QB online and that alone has been a complete disaster, even though they told me it would be seamless.  The treatment of inventory in QB OL is completely different, and completely destroyed my books.  I still haven't recovered.  Now I'm looking into doing my company's taxes, and I'm seeing this?  So there seriously is no way to import the data from QB OL to Turbo Tax??  

Brads,

Not kidding.  I did an online search, internal Intuit help search, and talked to several levels of real people at Intuit.  No joy. I even asked around at QBO University, no help there - but at least they tried.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies