How do I import QuickBooks data into TurboTax Business?
The 2018 TurboTax Business CD/Download software can import directly from the QuickBooks 2013-2019 Desktop software.
- To export QuickBooks data to TurboTax Self-Employed, see this FAQ instead.
- To import QuickBooks data into TurboTax Home & Business, see this FAQ instead.
- QuickBooks Online data must first be exported to QuickBooks Desktop before it can be imported into TurboTax Business. Refer to QuickBooks Online support for help (also see the export limitations).
- QuickBooks for Mac data must be converted to Windows before it can be imported. Instructions
- You'll need QuickBooks Administrator access.
- QuickBooks should be installed on the same local drive as TurboTax (not networked) and should be registered.
- The QuickBooks company file (.qbw filename extension) must be in single-user mode and should have been opened at least once on the computer you're using to import (no need to leave it open during the import).
- Be sure to update your QuickBooks data before importing so that your books match your tax return.
- If you already imported, you can re-import updated QuickBooks info by selecting Replace whenever prompted.
- Open your return in TurboTax Business.
- From the File menu in the upper left corner, select Import > From QuickBooks.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to import.