turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

eg112724

Anyone get this status message from their NY return this year or get it last year and recall what happened? "we received...may require..longer then fed..

I e-filed with Turbo on 1/29/18 and  1 week later rec'd my federal.  Its the same message I rec'd for state:

"We received your return and it may require further review. This may result in your New York State return taking longer to process than your federal return. No further information is available at this time."

I don't child income credit.  The state just takes longer to review.  I believe they are more detailed in checking your file enough though you rec'f little refund or big.   

Anyone get this status message from their NY return this year or get it last year and recall what happened? "we received...may require..longer then fed..

I called the 800 number and when you efile it takes up to 21 days from the date you file to rec'd your state refund and 1 to 2 weeks for federal.

That's if you don't have any errors or audits in your taxes.

I e filed going on day 21 with this message. I already got a ddd with federal.  Hopefully changes soon. I have seen a lot of people in forums and on Irs website with this message

This thurs will be 28 days since my nys was accepted and i have had this further review crap message so im not trying to hear that 21 day crap. Nothing has changed for me in years, this makes no sense

Anyone recieve their state

I filed on January 26th, it's February 23rd and I STILL have the message. Same job, same dependents.
taxmonst

Nothing here got my fed return yesterday. The state has went from processing to further review back to processing I filed on Feb 5th

Still on this stupid "still processing crap " message
aofria

Get a d dd yet

New York State refunds usually takes longer since they have to wait until funds are available , there's really no money to pay every tax paper quickly ( So they say ) this causes delays, document request ect to prolong the process. This info comes from someone that works auditing taxpayers,  It's all a gimmick From the puppeteers and you just happend to be the puppet. 

wmjazzy1

I E Filed The 6Th Of February , I CLAIMED EITC FOR ONE CHILD I RECIVED MY FEDERAL ON THE 22nd OF THIS Month BUT NOT My state.. last week my state said it might need further review and this week it said processing.. still waiting! 

wmjazzy

Wow sorry to hear that :(
cora1913

Omg my state still says may need further review... i filed 1/28
taxmonst

This is crazy that its taking so long mine still at processing. Keeping checking hoping for a ddd
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies