The system won't let me finish. It says I need a form 1095-A for my health insurance. I was given the 1095-B and have filled out the information. It keeps sending me back to that question and not letting me file. I've done everything else. What do I

sjsogaard

KatieB

What did you answer when asked what type of health coverage you had?
TeresaM

TurboTax must think someone had Marketplace insurance. Please return to the Health Insurance section and follow these instructions, if you did not have Marketplace or a 1095-A.  Turbo Tax will walk you through the questions for health insurance.

• Click on the Federal Taxes tab and select Health Insurance
  • When asked if you had health insurance in 2016, select either all year or you will pick who and what months, and Continue.
  • When asked about being enrolled in any of these less common plans in 2016, select No, if you were covered through your work or state coverage that generates a 1095 B or C.  The 1095-B and the 1095-C do not need to be entered into your return.  They are for informational purposes.

If it is stuck in a loop and will not show you the screen to answer No, try going to the 1st screen and select something different than your first answer.  For instance, if you answered all year, try pick who and what months.  This should reset the questions, so you can select No on the less common plans screen.  Then you can return to the beginning and select the correct option, as it will have you out of the loop.

t-pedroza

what did you end up doing

VictoriaD75

Try deleting the form. You may have begun unnecessary entries.

1. Under Tax Tools, choose Tools
  2. Choose Delete a Form
  3. Scroll through your return until you find Form 1095, click Delete to the right of the form
  4. Confirm that you wish to delete the form

Only the 1095-A needs to be entered on your return from insurance purchased through the marketplace. If you received a different 1095 form, such as one from employer benefits, you do not need to enter anything on your return. It is for your records only.

If you purchased insurance through the marketplace and received a 1095-A, that must still be reported on your return.This will calculate the Net Premium Tax Credit on Form 8962. This form reconciles the amount of the credit available to you with the amount already received as an Advance Premium Tax Credit. The result could be additional credit owed to you, or you may have to repay any amount already received in advance. Because of either of these results, it is important for taxpayers to include the information from Form 1095-A on their return.

Follow these steps:

• Click on Deductions & Credits under Federal
  • Under the menu for Medical, click Start/Revisit next to Affordable Care Act (Form 1095-A)
  • Answer Yes indicating that you have the form to enter
  • Complete the information on the next screen to match your form and click continue
Vadac

Thank you thank you thank you!!! I talked to many experts trying to figure this out!