turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

vmtz2002

I can't remember some of the short lived jobs I did that my employers may have filed a W2 for

I worked as an extra a few times during the year. I made no more than $200. One job paid $50 and sent me a W2. I'm not sure I am missing other W2's from some of these short term jobs. What if the income I file is less than the W2's the IRS has. I don't know who these employers might be and I don't want to wait 75 days for the IRS to send me a transcript, I'm sure that if I am off on the income I report, it won't be much.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
rainydaze

I can't remember some of the short lived jobs I did that my employers may have filed a W2 for

The IRS runs a comparison of income between what you file and what was reported.  If the income you report does not match the IRS records, they will send you a letter with the amount owed and any interest and penalties that have accrued during that time (the time period starts 4/15 of the year the return was supposed to filed).  The IRS can take a year or two to send you that letter.  You will continue to accrue interest and penalties until you pay your balance in full.  

View solution in original post

5 Replies

You can get a wage and income transcript online instantly.
vmtz2002

How? I read you can get it from the IRS for $50 or from Turbo Tax if you upgrade your account.

You can get a free transcript of your past return from the IRS:  
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript">https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript</a>
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
rainydaze

The IRS runs a comparison of income between what you file and what was reported.  If the income you report does not match the IRS records, they will send you a letter with the amount owed and any interest and penalties that have accrued during that time (the time period starts 4/15 of the year the return was supposed to filed).  The IRS can take a year or two to send you that letter.  You will continue to accrue interest and penalties until you pay your balance in full.  

Were any of these jobs as an Independent Contractor?  If so, you must keep your own records and report this income yourself. If you went through an agency, they may have records as well.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies