turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

marvnc

How do I get the 2016 Turbo Tax Premier for $54.99? This site lets me select what I want, but I am unable to purchase it.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How do I get the 2016 Turbo Tax Premier for $54.99? This site lets me select what I want, but I am unable to purchase it.

The desktop editions and the online editions have different price points.  

Go to this website for the online editions - https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/online/

Go to this website for the desktop CD/Download editions - https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/

The desktop editions (except Basic) includes one free state program download included in the purchase price.  The online edition state program is an additional charge.  The desktop editions can create and complete as many tax returns as needed without an extra charge plus they include 5 free federal return e-files.  The online edition can only be used for one tax return per account and user ID.  The desktop editions have direct access to all forms, schedules and worksheets.  The online editions do not.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

The Online (web) version?

The online Premier edition - you would need to start using the edition and then after entering some personal information you can pay for the edition with a credit card.  Is that what you want to do?
Just be advised that if you need to also complete a state tax return, that is an additional charge, click on the link "State additional".
marvnc

No. CD or Download the software.

The desktop editions and the online editions have different price points.  

Go to this website for the online editions - https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/online/

Go to this website for the desktop CD/Download editions - https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/

The desktop editions (except Basic) includes one free state program download included in the purchase price.  The online edition state program is an additional charge.  The desktop editions can create and complete as many tax returns as needed without an extra charge plus they include 5 free federal return e-files.  The online edition can only be used for one tax return per account and user ID.  The desktop editions have direct access to all forms, schedules and worksheets.  The online editions do not.

So if you used the Online Premier for 54.99  it would be another 36.99 for the state return.  

With the Desktop Premier for 89.99 you get 1 free state Program download to do unlimited state returns (for the same state) but each state return is 19.99 (24.99 in March) to efile.  Or you can print and mail the state for free.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies