turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ferretdad

Can't remember password

My current password isn't displayed for security, which is fine. Except I don't remember what it is. How can I find that out?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Xori

Can't remember password

The best option now would be to reset your password. You would click on the "Forget password" link on the sign in page and follow the instructions provided on the site.

Otherwise, you contact us:

We don't have a single, all-purpose phone number. Instead, we have many different numbers, depending on what you need help with.

Follow these instructions to connect with a TurboTax Expert who is specially-trained to handle your unique question or concern. Live help is available from 5:00 AM to 9:00 PM Pacific, seven days a week.

If you're using TurboTax Online:

1. Sign in to your TurboTax account if you're not already signed in.
  2. Click Contact in the upper-right corner of your screen.
  3. Ask your question.
  4. Talk one-on-one with a live TurboTax Expert, CPA, or enrolled agent (requires the PLUS add-on if using Federal Free Edition).
If you're using the TurboTax CD/Download software or can't sign into your TurboTax account, click here to contact us. Ask your question, click Continue, and follow our onscreen instructions

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Xori

Can't remember password

The best option now would be to reset your password. You would click on the "Forget password" link on the sign in page and follow the instructions provided on the site.

Otherwise, you contact us:

We don't have a single, all-purpose phone number. Instead, we have many different numbers, depending on what you need help with.

Follow these instructions to connect with a TurboTax Expert who is specially-trained to handle your unique question or concern. Live help is available from 5:00 AM to 9:00 PM Pacific, seven days a week.

If you're using TurboTax Online:

1. Sign in to your TurboTax account if you're not already signed in.
  2. Click Contact in the upper-right corner of your screen.
  3. Ask your question.
  4. Talk one-on-one with a live TurboTax Expert, CPA, or enrolled agent (requires the PLUS add-on if using Federal Free Edition).
If you're using the TurboTax CD/Download software or can't sign into your TurboTax account, click here to contact us. Ask your question, click Continue, and follow our onscreen instructions
Cmorris1

Can't remember password

I request a code and not receiving on email. Tried once and code was received via text, but would not let me go past verification code. I just want to change password and find out why the price says $0 federal and $0 state for EZ, but after inputting In Federal info, says I must pay for State filing. Need to get password info straightened out. So frustrated. Been a client for many years an no issues,?

Can't remember password

In the regular Turbo Tax Free Edition, information that you can enter is limited now.  Under the new tax laws, there are no more simple Form 1040EZ or 1040A's.  Everything goes on a little Form 1040 that has six extra "schedules" with it, and if you need any of those schedules, you are not able to use the Free Edition.  

https://www.irs.gov/forms-pubs/about-form-1040 

Why do I have to upgrade from the Free Edition?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/upgrading/help/why-do-i-have-to-upgrade-from-free-edition/00/26379

Did you file yet?  It is too late to file from online unless you need to fix a rejected return.  

Online is closed now so you can not start a new 2018 return.  Oct 15, 2019  was the last day to efile.  You need to buy the 2018 Desktop Download to do 2018 now.  You can buy 2018 Desktop download on the prior year products page here,

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/past-years-products/

You now have to print and mail 2018.  Be sure to attach copies of your W2s and any 1099s that have withholding on them.  You have to mail federal and state in separate envelopes because they go to different places.  Get a tracking number from the post office when you mail them for proof of filing.

How to print and mail from the Desktop program

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/print-and-file/help/how-do-i-print-and-mail-a-return-in-the-turbot...

Cmorris1

Can't remember password

Thank you, incredibly helpful info. I had complicated spinal surgery which delayed everything. I am expecting a small refund and is crazy that yesterday, I day is preventing from filing on line. If I understand correctly, I can print out the forms from the link u provided and file by mail? Is 1040 state and federal free as well? If I have to pay for my state return, that basically takes all of my federal return. Thank u again.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies