If your federal tax return has already been Accepted, you should wait for a response from the IRS.
TurboTax probably did not include IRS Form 6251, Alternative Minimum Tax - Individuals because it determined you were not subject to the AMT.
If you are not subject to the AMT but the IRS still wants you to file Form 6251, please review the following instructions:
If Form 6251 is included in your federal tax return, please review the following instructions to print:
- Sign in to the appropriate TurboTax account.
- On the screen where you see "Way to go! You filed your 2017 taxes" scroll down until you see a blue Add A State button and select it.
- You should be on a screen that welcomes you back to TurboTax. To the right, there is a button that states Print/Save my Documents. Select this button.
- You should now be on a screen titled TurboTax Print Center. Select Print, save or preview this year's return.
- Select the checkbox next to the 2017 return you want to print or view. Then select the View or print forms button.
If those instructions are unhelpful, please review the following link but instead of selecting Take me to my return, you may have to select Add a State under Your tax returns & documents just to get back into the return area: How do I print a copy of my TurboTax Online return before filing?If Form 6251 is not included in your federal tax return, you could use the amendment software (but not actually amend your tax return(s)). Please review the following link for more information: How to amend (change or correct) a return you already filed?
- If you're using TurboTax Online, sign in to the appropriate TurboTax account.
- Under Your tax returns & documents, select Amend (change) return.
- Select Amend using TurboTax CD/Download to download the amendment software.
- Download your .tax file.
- Open your .tax file using TurboTax Amendment Software.
- Switch to Forms Mode Windows or Forms Mode Mac and select Open Form at the top of the left column and Search or Browse for Form 6251.