Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

When entering COGS and hitting the continue the figure for COGS is picked up from 2016 instead of 2017 and I can't get it to change that. What now?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

When entering COGS and hitting the continue the figure for COGS is picked up from 2016 instead of 2017 and I can't get it to change that. What now?

The ending inventory for 2016 that is transferred forward should correctly be the beginning 2017 inventory which is the correct thing to happen.  Then you will add inventory added and the 2017 year end inventory amount to calculate the COGS for 2017.

That is exactly what I did and the Inventory for 2017 carries forward as the old 2016 number. It hasn't changed. That is the problem.

On this screen the 2016 ending inventory should be entered as the beginning 2017 inventory ... then you must enter the ending 2017 inventory on the second line.  These could be the same amount but not usually.  Then on the next screen you will enter the purchases during the year.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies