turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Hello, We will be filing as a solo-proprietor as well as my wife's salary income and a small amount of MISC 1099 income. Which version of Turbotax do we need?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Hello, We will be filing as a solo-proprietor as well as my wife's salary income and a small amount of MISC 1099 income. Which version of Turbotax do we need?

You need to use TurboTax Online Self-Employed or TurboTax CD/Download Home & Business.

Both programs will allow you to report your sole proprietor income, your wife's salary and your other miscellaneous income.

The online product will allow you to work from multiple machines. 

The download product will allow you to prepare multiple returns, good if you have children who need to file taxes.

For more information about these products, follow these links:

TurboTax On-line Self Employed

TurboTax Home & Business

View solution in original post

4 Replies

You need to use TurboTax Online Self-Employed or TurboTax CD/Download Home & Business.

Both programs will allow you to report your sole proprietor income, your wife's salary and your other miscellaneous income.

The online product will allow you to work from multiple machines. 

The download product will allow you to prepare multiple returns, good if you have children who need to file taxes.

For more information about these products, follow these links:

TurboTax On-line Self Employed

TurboTax Home & Business

a follow up: we also bought and sold our home last year.  TurboTax Online Self-Employed will handle that as well? No additional need for the any other versions of Turbotax?

Yes. Your home sale will be covered

thanks!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies