Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

takohar

Is there a page where I can see the payments I have scheduled to cover the amount of state/federal taxes I still have due?

While filing my state and federal taxes, TurboTax calculated the amount that I still owe and prompted me to select a payment method (I provided info for a checking account) and a date at which those amounts will be collected (I selected 4/03/2019). Is there a confirmation page I am expected to receive that indicates the payments have successfully been scheduled?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Anita01

Is there a page where I can see the payments I have scheduled to cover the amount of state/federal taxes I still have due?

TurboTax does not schedule payments of tax because we have no authority to do so in relation to tax payment.  When you enter a desired withdrawal date, that date is communicated to the IRS or the state along with your tax return and it is up to them to withdraw the payment.  None of them  schedule ahead and, in fact, may miss that  desired date and make it later, due to how processing is going for them in a given year.  Unfortunately, it is up to you to remember your requested date and make sure there is enough in the account from that date forward to cover the liability.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anita01

TurboTax does not schedule payments of tax because we have no authority to do so in relation to tax payment.  When you enter a desired withdrawal date, that date is communicated to the IRS or the state along with your tax return and it is up to them to withdraw the payment.  None of them  schedule ahead and, in fact, may miss that  desired date and make it later, due to how processing is going for them in a given year.  Unfortunately, it is up to you to remember your requested date and make sure there is enough in the account from that date forward to cover the liability.

takohar

Thank you for the clarification!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies