Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the W-4! >> Event happening TOMORROW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: When will the energy-efficient vehicle section be available on TurboTax?

form 8936 is fixed and working

Lets hope irs accept.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: When will the energy-efficient vehicle section be available on TurboTax?

You’ve got to be kidding.

my rejection (on hold) message from TT says 2/20. Now we’re being told 2/21....or later?  AND we need to sign up to get alerts?   TT should be alerting those impacted without us having to signing up.    In fact, we shouldn’t be having to search message board posts to find answers and updates like this.

TT needs to be proactive and send out messages to those effected with updates at regular and close  intervals.  This is super disappointing.   

I pray the new estimate of 2/21 is wrong and it will be fixed today

Fixed where?  Desktop app? Or online?  Which version are you seeing the fix?
I’m online and I see no messages about the fix and it appears as it did two days ago when it was rejected. 

ali229

We should be refunded on our packages for testing their half-ass working app and informing them that it doesn't work. If I don't get any compensation I'm switching to H&R block, because it seems to be an isolated problem with SlowTax. 

Is fixed online.  Just go to the section for 8936, rerun.  Then Go to print returns, and you will see that the error is fixed on the form.

I see the print view. What was the error vs what I am seeing now? 

Calculation on depreciation, correct? Or phase out?  

I don’t think that effected me so I wouldn’t have seen a calc error. I think just got caught up in the fiasco as did others. 

It would be great to get official notification this is ready to go!    I hesitate to submit again too early just to wait another 4 days for rejection.  

have u submitted?  Did you get accepted this go round?

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

The fix for Form 8936 was included in today's release.  As insurance, delete Form 8936 and reenter it.  It should go through then.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

This new form is very confusing. I filed with the old form and was rejected even though I correctly reduced my credit manually.

The new form reduces the amount of the text box if you try to put in the correct amount. For example, a Tesla bought early 2019 would qualify for 3750, not the full 7500. If you put 3750 in the box, turbotax credits you 1875. The information for the text field makes me think it should reflect the correct reduced amount, not the full amount. But functionally it looks like the text field needs to be the full amount because turbotax forces the reduction after the fact.

VERY confusing.

Hello, I'm doing 2021 tax using Turbo Tax premier (download version) and it says the some of the tax forms are not ready to release (Form 6251 and form 8911). Do you know when these 2 forms are ready so I can e-file my 2021 tax using Turbo? Thank you 

@Hue Nguyen wrote:

Hello, I'm doing 2021 tax using Turbo Tax premier (download version) and it says the some of the tax forms are not ready to release (Form 6251 and form 8911). Do you know when these 2 forms are ready so I can e-file my 2021 tax using Turbo? Thank you 

Form 6251, Alternative Minimum Tax for tax year 2021 is estimated to be available in TurboTax on 02/24/2022

Form 8911, Alternative Fuel Vehicle Refueling Property Credit for tax year 2021 is estimated to be available in TurboTax on 03/17/2022

TurboTax website for IRS forms availability - https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_fed_online_individual.html

Any idea when it will be available for the current (2022) year?

@CaldwellOne wrote:

Any idea when it will be available for the current (2022) year?

Go to this TurboTax website for Federal and State forms availability - https://form-status.app.intuit.com/tax-forms-availability/formsavailability?albRedirect=true&product...

@CaldwellOne 

You can check all IRS forms here:

Intuit App

but after 26 January for that one

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies