Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: It says refunds won't be processed until Feb 15th (or around the 15th) if i have Earned Income credit or Additional Child Credit; is this true with RPF or card payment?

False information all my cousins have kids and claimed both credits and received their refund last week.
ejinks23

Tax Year Prior to 2020: It says refunds won't be processed until Feb 15th (or around the 15th) if i have Earned Income credit or Additional Child Credit; is this true with RPF or card payment?

Well I didn't claim either one of those credits so that is why I was even more confused as to why I had not received mine. But I am not 100% sure what the letter is going to say because I haven't received it yet but the guy I talked to said it is for verification on some things. Like I said, he was really nice and very helpful. My 21 days is not up until Thursday but in my case, it was 3rd time was the charm. The 2 ladies that I got before him when I called told me the exact same thing that the lady you talked to did. This guy was just really nice and really helpful.   And the information about the tax returns with tax credits not getting their money until the 27th is not right. People have been getting them for the past week.  I hope these comments help people because it is frustrating.
rita801

Oh I know people have gotten there taxes last week. I work in retail and sales are high and been high for about 2 weeks now. I know she was lying I told her she was lying.

I haven't received the letter as of yet, I have researching it on the forums and I am seeing a few things from last year, most are saying they want to verify past info, so it may be some questions about my past years returns or my address, and it is possible to do over the phone, I also may have to go into a branch and provide the same info. so we will see, I will keep you all updated. I also experienced the issue with a rep not telling me any info. I called back and got a different rep. has anyone else had any experience with the verification process
rita801

@rchellet15 I experience this like 4yrs ago. I do t know why I'm doing it again if that my same issue. It could. BE my mailing address since I mo end since the last tax year. I really can't say but I will see today once I call the REO back.
rita801

So I called its no verification needed. I have a lien or levy from a couple years back. So it had to go in a certain pile to allow a additional 7days to process because of that. I knew that from letters I received months ago. So I should be good after next week wit a date.

@rita801 that's awesome then! can you give me some insight on what the verification process is?? identity verification is what she called it.
Jd0924

I had that identity verification too for 2016 because i got married and my last name changed,   but they  didnt hold my refund as long as they are now tho.  They actually sent my letter out months after i filed but mu refund was not on hold for name verification i got mines way earlier that this. Smh
Jd0924

Thats, wat it is they have to verify that u are who u say me and my husband had to do it.  What we had to do was sign the paper and then we had to make copies of our drivers license especially me because my last name change.  Its nothing to difficult.
Jd0924

Quick question so how is it that no body will get any money till the 27 for the credits if TT gives a ddd and the irs people even say that it takes at least 3 weeks because my 3 weeks will b up friday and i still have no bars just  says processing still
rita801

@rchellet15 just questions about you. Like how you do when you do a credit card application and they ask all these question about did you ever live here or which of of these relates to you type questions.

@Mrs.Harris16 your 21 days started on the 15th if you got those credits so technically it hasn't been 21 days yet

@rita801 ok, thanks! I will just wait on the letter, not sure when it went out
Jd0924

@goinsd1991 wat u are saying makes since i didnt know that... But y start the 3 week period after the 15.. I filed 2/2 and my 3 weeks is friday that would make it well past 3 weeks almost a month...

@Mrs.Harris16 because of the eitc and the actc they didn't start processing refunds until the 15th so that's your actually start date even if you sent it in earlier. They even told us to wait until the 27th even if we filed in late January because they don't processing those until the 15th. They could have processed your funds earlier but didn't release any info until the 17th. I filed on the 4th and didn't get an update until the 17th and my DDD is on the 22nd if it wasn't for that new law we would have had ours by now.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies