Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: It says refunds won't be processed until Feb 15th (or around the 15th) if i have Earned Income credit or Additional Child Credit; is this true with RPF or card payment?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

353 Replies

Tax Year Prior to 2020: It says refunds won't be processed until Feb 15th (or around the 15th) if i have Earned Income credit or Additional Child Credit; is this true with RPF or card payment?

Yes it is.
msnk1980

it will not matter how you choose to get your refund, they will still hold off issuing it until the 15th or later

The IRS is supposed to make more info available on Feb 17.
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p2043en.pdf">https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p2043en.pdf</a>

They say it will be deposited Feb. 27 but last year I got mine on 22nd
dasuda69

Sad, but true. They will not release a refund before Feb 15, 2018, not even part of it. I'm assuming if you had filed last year with EIC, PATH ACT to your refund, and you have the same information from that, there shouldn't be a long wait like last year. Plus they are saying they will start to release the week of the 27th.
At least it's better than last year's fiasco!

Hopefully we get it after the 15th.
reereej39

See i been confused someone i work with just got approved and they suppose to theirs on the 14th but she claimed eic so how is it different for her then anyone else

Reereej39 I've been reading that alot people are already getting there's that claimed eic so I'm very confused too because I've got cbc and eic an I don't have a projected date. I was told projected dates start feb.17

See Feb 17 updating reference here:
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p2043en.pdf">https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p2043en.pdf</a>

But to clarify, the delay pertains to the EIC and/or the Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC) only. The regular Child Tax Credit CTC) is not impacted, since it is nonrefundable.  Folks sometimes confuse these credits.

So my understand was they will not process until the 15th. But they might be seeking refund after the 15th but most likely week of 27th
Does anyone know what order I filed 1/22 accepted 1/23

I just hope it doesn't mess mine up bc I forgot to add 2 w2s but it already has been accepted I just hope they correct it for me and then let me amend it so I can still my original refund

@lovelylynn71 from my understanding they have to give that day to avoid people calling stalking them and calling them

@lovelylynn71 just like when you wanted for mail they say 5-7 days even though it comes on the second day

I filed the Jan 24th and TURBOTAX said 2/14 as my date to receive funds and nothing yet. DD onto the PP card. Hopefully i will receive it soon!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies