Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

dtanberg

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Can I talk to someone about finding my activation code. Downloaded directly. Cannot find email or download.

Can not  find code it show 2019 but 2020

dtanberg

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Can I talk to someone about finding my activation code. Downloaded directly. Cannot find email or download.

it only shows 2019 not 2020

dtanberg

Can I talk to someone

PattiF
Expert Alumni

The best and most efficient way for you to connect with the right person to get the help you need is to select the version you are using below.

We're open daily from 5:00 AM to 9:00 PM PT.

To get help, select your product below.

TurboTax Online

TurboTax mobile app

TurboTax CD/Download software

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I purchased Turbotax Premier 2020 with California State and am mostly finished with the return.  Now I cannot access it because it is asking me for an activation code which I cannot find.  My downloads show only 2019 software.

Again, my downloads show only last year's software.  Cannot find 2020 although I purchased it at least a month ago and have nearly finished the return.

@Chris Toews Who did you purchase from and where are you seeing the 2019 download? And are you saying that you've mostly completed the return in the software, and it's now asking for the code? TurboTax asks for the activation code when you install it, so I don't see how you are "mostly finished".

@Chris Toews  and anyone.....

Make sure your computer is the same way when you originally installed it.  Like with no flash drives plugged in or plugged in if one was.  It asked me again so I just closed the program and took out a flash drive that was plugged in and tried again.  It worked.  Or you may need to connect a flash drive or printer or something that was connected when you originally installed the program.

I didnt get an activation code from my amazon order.  I have tried to get amazon to help with no results

One user said......

I was just having this same issue, but I just figured it out. So I thought I'd share in case you are still looking for an answer. Go to Your Account; then Digital Games and Software (under Digital Content and Devices section at the bottom middle); your TurboTax purchase should show there under Downloads and Codes; the license code will be the 16 digit code next ot "Activation Key". Hope this helps!

i installed the cd but cannot find the activation code any where on the box

@annmulligan4 

To find your license code:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/i-can-t-find-my-license-code/01/852973

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/my-code-doesn-t-work/01/871966

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
sobsal

please help! I am trying to help my dad do his taxes for 2020.  My mom passed away in 2021 and had an email account that is no longer in use, Can you sent the activation code to my email instead?  My name is Vicky Avants and y'all do my taxes also. my email is [email address removed]. thanks    

sobsal

call me at [phone number removed]

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies