Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Am I eligible for stimulus package check from IRS?

@akinadisa

The stimulus check is an advance on a credit you can receive on your 2020 tax return.  If something went wrong or you did not get the stimulus check this year, you can get it when you file your 2020 return in early 2021—if you are eligible.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I did not get the stimulus check.  What do I do?

@agustmartinez12 Please take the time to read the replies that are directly above your own question in this thread.  

We cannot see any of your information and have no way to know if you were eligible for a stimulus check.  But if something went wrong and you did not receive it this year, if you are eligible you can still get it when you prepare your 2020 tax return in early 2021.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Alli20
Returning Member

Then why didn’t we receive any stimulus check for our three children we filed for?

@Alli20  There were some inconsistencies in the hastily put together stimulus program.  If your children were under the age of 17 and they have Social Security cards, then you can still get the stimulus money when you file your 2020 tax return in 2021.

Cm132

Im eligible for summit stimulus package chek from IRS?

@Cm132 We cannot see your information so we have no way to tell you if you are eligible for a stimulus check.

TurboTax has no control over your stimulus check, nor can TT track it for you or tell you when the IRS will issue it. Refer to the sites linked below:

You can call the IRS hotline at 1-800-919-9835 to get updates on your stimulus payment.  

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payment-information-center#nonfilertool

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment-frequently-asked-questions

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/how-will-the-stimulus-package-impact-me/00/1393859

The stimulus check is an advance on a credit you can receive on your 2020 tax return.  If something went wrong or you did not get the stimulus check this year, you can get it when you file your 2020 return in early 2021—if you are eligible.It will end up on line 30 of your 2020 Form 1040.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payment-information-center-topic-j-reconciling-on-your-...

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/coronavirus-tax-relief-and-economic-impact-payments-for-individuals-...

rac13qu
Returning Member

I didn't  file my 2019 return I usually file a joint returned with my spouse, he owns child support, he did not have an income for 2019   I didn't received my stimulus check  even when I submitted my injured spouse form, and my stimulus check when to the other party, what can I do to receive my portion of my $1200

Thanks Racquel        

what do you mean your stimulus check went to the other party? can you provide additional detail???? Each ELIGIBLE taxpayer was to receive $1200 - there was no sharing involved. 

rac13qu
Returning Member

The other party who gets the child support ( son's mother )

this is from the IRS website; have you following these steps? 

Q D2. Will my payment be offset if my spouse or I owe past-due child support? (updated December 11, ...

A2. Your Payment will be offset if you owe past-due child support.

If your payment was offset to pay your spouse’s past-due child support, you don’t need to take any action to receive your portion of it. The IRS conducted several recoveries to ensure spouses were issued their portion of the payment when their spouse owed past due child support. The last recovery was implemented in November and payments would have been directly deposited on November 25 or issued as a check with a date of November 27. You can verify the status of your payment by accessing the Get My Payment application

Mrsjones46
Returning Member

I have contacted the IRS and it has stated that my tax form show an account number for deposit that is not mine that must be associated with TurboTax I am trying to find out if it's true or not. So I can give the correct account number and routing number for my funds to be deposited. But due to the fact of your phone system it is hard to get in contact with a live representative. I've already been to the IRS website and it cannot give me any information due to the fact I used your service

JulieC14
Expert Alumni

The method used on your most recent tax return for a refund is the method that will be used for the Second Stimulus Check. 

If your most recent tax return refund was onto a TurboCard, see the link below for more information on how to access your Stimulus Check on your Turbo Card:   

Access Your Stimulus Payment on Your Turbo® Card | TurboTax® (intuit.com)

Also, here is more general information on the Second Stimulus Check - including FAQs and eligibility criteria.  Get Your Second Stimulus Check | TurboTax® Official Guide (intuit.com)

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Am I eligible for my second stimulus package 

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

This link provides the most up to date information available from the IRS:  IRS Update

If you have a Turbo Card, this link will be helpful to you:  Turbo Card

This link will tell you more about the Recovery Rebate Credit:  Recovery Rebate Credit.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies