turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

charley.cat!14
Returning Member

Still can’t send in my taxes!

I want to speak with a human
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

TurboTax support is closed on the weekends and for Memorial Day.

What is the problem you are having when trying to e-file your 2020 tax return?

charley.cat!14
Returning Member

After about five or six tries to send in my taxes. My tax has not been accepted, you got paid, the government took their slice and I am without an answer as to why my taxes dropped from over 10 grand BACK from the federal gov. To paying them over 1400 back and having my tax return rejected yet again.

This has caused a great deal of stress and apparently a great deal of money and I am very unhappy with the results so far.

Not having help and support from your company has proved to be both frustrating and a poor use of your support services. Your add said 24/7 help..that never happened either. So what are you going to do to help me and get my taxes filed and accepted? And , when is that going to happen? ..16 May to June 1st and still not filed! WOW.

@charley.cat!14 

You received an email that we cannot see that tells you why your tax return was rejected.  

Some rejected returns can be fixed and re-filed.  Some have “un-fixable” reasons for the rejection and have to be mailed instead. What is the rejection code or rejection message? 

If it was rejected for AGI—-be aware that many 2019 returns took so long for the IRS to process that your 2019 AGI might not be in the IRS system.   Try using zero instead.

If filing with zero is rejected then file again but select the option that you did not file last year.  The IRS does not see that question and it will allow you to e-file with no AGI question.

Or—-if you filed as a “non-filer” just to get the stimulus check on a 2019 return, try using $1 as the AGI.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/agi/help/where-do-i-correct-my-agi-in-turbotax-online/00/26311

If that does not work and you still cannot e-file, then print, sign, and mail your tax return.

https://www.taxpolicycenter.org/taxvox/are-irs-security-tools-blocking-millions-people-filing-electr...

As for the confusion over whether you are getting a large refund vs. owing tax due----that is a separate issue and we cannot see your screen or your tax return.   We cannot guess where or when you saw a $10K refund and what made it shrink to owing tax due----but the "refund monitor" on your screen changes as data is entered---so even if it started out showing a big refund, by the time all of your information was entered and the software had everything calculated, that "refund" was gone.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies