turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I dont have a state employer id on my w-2

Turbo Tax is saying at the end that i need to enter my state employer id number from my w-2 but there is none. i was active duty military last year and a resident of Florida and Florida has no state income tax. I've never had a problem with this before.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ErinH
Intuit Alumni

Some customers do not have an Employer State Identification Number listed in Box 15 on the W-2. This is causing an error when going through Federal Review. If employed and living in a state without income tax, remove the wages in Box 16. If your state does have income tax, contact your employer for a corrected W-2 with their ID number.

If this does not resolve your issue, please respond here so that we can troubleshoot a possible residency input error.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ErinH
Intuit Alumni

Some customers do not have an Employer State Identification Number listed in Box 15 on the W-2. This is causing an error when going through Federal Review. If employed and living in a state without income tax, remove the wages in Box 16. If your state does have income tax, contact your employer for a corrected W-2 with their ID number.

If this does not resolve your issue, please respond here so that we can troubleshoot a possible residency input error.

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies