Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Can I install TT Business on the same computer that has TT Premier installed and use both independently?

Correct
snyder

Can I install TT Business on the same computer that has TT Premier installed and use both independently?

thanks

And you don’t need both personal programs.  Premier can do everything as Home & Business and has the same forms.  You just get more help in Home & Business.  And the Desktop programs can prepare unlimited returns.
nojrevarc

can premier make a w2 for household employees?

No

I have home and business installed for my son and I am trying to install premier for myself but it is not letting me

You cannot install the 2017 Premier edition and the 2017 Home & Business editions on the same computer.

The Home & Business program has everything that Premier has and all the Desktop programs can do more than 1 return so you don’t need another program.  Just start a new return in Home & Business, go up to File - New Tax Return.  But first save his return with a name you can tell apart from your name (especially if you have the same first names).  Go to File-Save As.

Yes.

They are independent, and you can have multiple years installed aslso

If this posted response is useful to you, please click on the upraised hand in the lower left of this post. Thank you. Scruffy Curmudgeon--PFFM/ IAFF, retired FireFighter/Paramedic - Locals 718/30, Veteran USAR O3 AIS/ASA '65-'67

NOT INTUIT EMPLOYEE
USAR 64-67 AIS/ASA MOS 9301 - O3

- Just donating my time
**Say Thanks by clicking the thumb icon in the lower left corner -it means nothing but makes those than answer feel wanted.
snyder

not years.. the same tax year

You cannot install the 2017 Deluxe edition and the 2017 Home & Business editions on the same computer.
You can install one of the 2017 personal editions and the 2017 Business Edition on the same computer.
The TurboTax personal desktop editions are Basic, Deluxe, Premier, Home & Business
snyder

So I have the Premier one and the Home and Business.. they CAN NOT be on the same computer?

For the same tax year, No.
Why do you have both of these programs?  The Premier and the Home & Business editions have all the same forms, schedules and worksheets.
snyder

Home and Business  I want to use for me because I am self-employed... and I do some taxes for people I have bought several programs of the premier one to use on different computer too..

Using the desktop editions you can create and complete as many tax returns as needed without charge after the purchase of the software.  There are 5 free federal e-files included with the desktop edition (the number set by IRS rules).  After the 5 e-files the federal returns can be printed and mailed.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies