westhigrad

Can I install TT Business on the same computer that has TT Premier installed and use both independently?

I saw there was a previous question about this several years ago, but some of the answers make is sound questionable.  I have been using TT Premier for several years on this computer and need to install TT Business. Before I purchase TT Business I need to make sure I can use both programs without them opening or corrupting each other's files. If this is possible please include specific instructions on how the TT Business install should be completed so both programs can run independently.  Thank you.

Yes you can install the TurboTax Business Edition and any of the TurboTax personal editions (Basic, Deluxe, Premier or Home and Business) on the same computer for the same tax year.  The Business and Personal software do not interact with each other.  The Business Edition tax data file and the Personal editions tax data files are separate and one cannot be used with the other.

utnichols

how do you install them both.   my version says I have to remove one to install the other
ScruffyCurmudgeon

Please indicate the product name and year-version of the installed program or programs and the same information for the product you are trying to install
Scruffy Curmudgeon--PFFM/ IAFF, FireFighter/Paramedic - Locals 718/30, Univ. faculty
NOT INTUIT EMPLOYEE
USAR 64-67 AIS/ASA MOS 9301 - O3

- Just donating my time
**Say Thanks by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on ;"Mark as Best Answer;"

TT Home and Business is not the same as TT Business.
christec

I installed TT Business 2017 and it will NOT let me install 2017 Deluxe....anything I can do?

Insufficient memory, maybe?
Somebody

Yes you can.  Make sure it's the separate Business program and not the personal version Home & Business.

snyder

How can this be done, I have tried and it tells me to un-install the deluxe so I can installl the home and business one.. so how do I do it

You cannot install the 2017 Deluxe edition and the 2017 Home & Business editions on the same computer.
You can install one of the 2017 personal editions and the 2017 Business Edition on the same computer.
The TurboTax personal desktop editions are Basic, Deluxe, Premier, Home & Business

Home & Business is only a personal tax return program.  Not the separate stand alone Business program.  You can buy Turbo Tax Business here
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://turbotax.intuit.com/small-business-taxes/">https://turbotax.intuit.com/small-business-taxes/...>
snyder

I am confused .. I have the premier and Home and Business tax programs but they cant be on one computer for the same tax year?

More than one instance of the TurboTax software for the personal editions cannot be installed on the same computer for the same tax year.
snyder

ok thank you.. .. so what i have can not be put on the same computer the premier and the home and business ? just double checking