Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kristenkubina
Returning Member

Sent back the EIC CP09 form June 4, have heard nothing??

I filed last year and like what seems like happened to A LOT of people, Turbo Tax told me I want eligible for the Earned Income Credit. I have filed with Turbo Tax for many years, and no, I did not make a mistake. I had started a new job and thought it was because of that. Then at the end of March I got notice CP09 say I may be eligible and to fill out the form and send it back and I would get a notice of decision or a check in 8 weeks. I have heard nothing. I have been trying to call the IRS FOR TWO MONTHS and can't even get to the point where I am on hold, it just hangs up on me saying there is too much call volume. I tried calling Turbo Tax and agent was completely rude and unhelpful. They've pretty much lost my business at this point. I am very frustrated. Is anyone else going through this? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Sent back the EIC CP09 form June 4, have heard nothing??

@kristenkubina - the IRS is woefully backlogged.  Patience is really necessary,

Please confirm that Line 27a of Form 1040 is blank - if there is a number there, I wonder why the IRS sent you the letter....

calling Turbo Tax isn't going to get anywhere as it's the IRS that has to process the paperwork - not Turbo Tax 

here is what the IRS website states: 

There’s a high volume of tax returns with missing schedules needed to claim or reconcile credits. We’re opening mail within our normal timeframes, but it’s taking us longer to process it.  

How long you may have to wait: We’re processing all responses in the order received. The current delay is more than 60 days. 

What you should do: If you have provided us the information, you don’t need to do it again. We’re working through all taxpayer replies on a first-come, first-served basis. We appreciate your patience.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies